Thread: TD42 oil pump and squirters

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TD42 oil pump and squirters

Hi everyone, I'm currently rebuilding my N/A TD42 engine with aftermarket turbo.

I have two questions, are the oil pump and squirters from the N/A to turbo engines interchangeable. Listings on 'Patrol Part' suggest they aren't but I'm sure I read somewhere that they are.

Second question, is there any point doing this upgrade? Original one doesn't look too bad, are they pretty reliable or is it advised to change when doing a rebuild?

Thanks!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ggq For This Useful Post:

MB (3rd March 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G’day GGQ Mate!
    Far from a mechanic I am but my nuffy logic only suggests to me that faster/higher pressure oil flow would only be needed on much higher pimped up RPM wicked TD42 weapon donks?
    In regards injector specs that is even further out of my OEM only off the shelf known knowledge but have read and overheard in person solid arguments that ‘Turbo Spec’ advertised could possibly be a myth maybe?
    More to do with precision built pump pressures and injector crack points customised to suit each other I think but hopefully a Dark Arts Master can chime in here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk