Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    I don't know the fine print but as far I know it's the same rules apply as if you wreck your car in the high country for example. It's gazetted/designated so you have every right to be there

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I believe there are very few areas in Vic you can legally get onto the beach now - 90 mile beach has tightened up and there used to be a smallish beach down the Otways you could get onto in the late '80's if you were fishing. If its gazetted as legal access, you should be covered, if not, reckon it could be a hard discussion with the insurance company.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (25th February 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    I don't know the fine print but as far I know it's the same rules apply as if you wreck your car in the high country for example. It's gazetted/designated so you have every right to be there

I think Nic would be on the money here, if its a designated area for beach driving you will be covered, if its not then you have no hope with insurance.

When I tipped my GQ on its side many moons ago, although it was an area starting 2 get shut down, gates put up everywhere 2 stop access etc it was still classified as a gazetted road at the time and insurance repaired the damage, thankfully
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

MB (25th February 2021), rusty_nail (25th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Legends
    What happens to the Mercedes wreck though and all its sumpy pumpkin oils?
    Not trying to sound like a Vegan Cyclist but do they just become another Maheno wreck touristy attraction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Rossco (26th February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Cheers Legends
    What happens to the Mercedes wreck though and all its sumpy pumpkin oils?
    Not trying to sound like a Vegan Cyclist but do they just become another Maheno wreck touristy attraction?

Pretty sure it is recovered(most likely at the parks cost) most beaches in NSW in my experience closer to Sydney Metro have an entry fee, similar to a national parks day pass, this will cover unforseen things such as the vehicle needing to be recovered. Again don't quote me but I'm pretty certain

I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

MB (26th February 2021)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,097 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    I believe there are very few areas in Vic you can legally get onto the beach now - 90 mile beach has tightened up and there used to be a smallish beach down the Otways you could get onto in the late '80's if you were fishing. If its gazetted as legal access, you should be covered, if not, reckon it could be a hard discussion with the insurance company.
    There is a small section you drive along the beach down at Sandy point before entering Wilson's prom.
    Drive along the beach is less than 1km and it is only there for you to get to and from a boat launching channel.. Seen a few people get caught out there a few times. Heavy boats . Standard tyre pressures ..

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

MB (27th February 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caboosewa View Post
    When it comes to beach you need to be efficient in recovery if your going near the waters edge this was me on Xmas day

Holy sheHat Cabs...that GU looks suspiciously like this one on Morton Island

Clearly a shortfall of that model but a great advert for Maxtrax extremes mate!

https://www.maxtrax.com.au/maxtrax-x...kaAv_0EALw_wcB

So...apols, better get back on topic...but yep easy to get bogged in the powder up there, after 10 pies at Eurong..they are bloody good pies!
    2005 Y61 GU rebuilt 2020. 6.5 L turbo inter-cooled Diesel, SupENG Superflex 4 Inch Lift Kit 2,0 Remote res Fox shocks, offset trunions, 315/75/16 Maxxis Razr, 16 x 8 steel rims, SupENG drop box, Stedi Spots & bars, 12000 lbs winch,rear locking bars with duel tire carriers, 4” XtremeENG S/S snorkel, rock sliders, SME UHF, ARB Hard mount Air compressor, ARB fwd & rear air lockers,Rhino roof racks, Duel battery set up, 12 V dist swbd ,

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckus View Post
    Holy sheHat Cabs...that GU looks suspiciously like this one on Morton Island

Clearly a shortfall of that model but a great advert for Maxtrax extremes mate!

https://www.maxtrax.com.au/maxtrax-x...kaAv_0EALw_wcB

So...apols, better get back on topic...but yep easy to get bogged in the powder up there, after 10 pies at Eurong..they are bloody good pies!
    It’s a ex Telstra built by true Gibson body builders there’s a few around but this is a west oz one 3.7 gvm remote maintenance vehicle with all the fruit

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caboosewa View Post
    It’s a ex Telstra built by true Gibson body builders there’s a few around but this is a west oz one 3.7 gvm remote maintenance vehicle with all the fruit

https://youtu.be/_um-NfOesAU

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Onya mate for owning that!...and wow..perhaps ya needed two extra maxtrax, and some diggin'. I am assuming you were aired down right!
    2005 Y61 GU rebuilt 2020. 6.5 L turbo inter-cooled Diesel, SupENG Superflex 4 Inch Lift Kit 2,0 Remote res Fox shocks, offset trunions, 315/75/16 Maxxis Razr, 16 x 8 steel rims, SupENG drop box, Stedi Spots & bars, 12000 lbs winch,rear locking bars with duel tire carriers, 4” XtremeENG S/S snorkel, rock sliders, SME UHF, ARB Hard mount Air compressor, ARB fwd & rear air lockers,Rhino roof racks, Duel battery set up, 12 V dist swbd ,

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckus View Post
    Good Onya mate for owning that!...and wow..perhaps ya needed two extra maxtrax, nd some diggin'. I am assuming you were aired down right!
    Been driving my local beaches for 25 yrs and that beast was on 10 psi and 3.3 tonne lol very low I just back down to the water to turn around and clipped the high soft spot not the low hard spot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast