OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Ultimate Diesel Tuning - anybody had it done to ZD30?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultimate Diesel Tuning - anybody had it done to ZD30?

OK - I've got a 2010 GU Patrol with ZD30. When I got it it had 3" exhaust and a Tunit device and I think that's about all that has been done to the engine (except for a 2nd fuel filter). Anyway, the performance is a bit underwhelming when towing and when I crank the dial up on the Tunit device I do get a bit more power but it blows a stack of smoke when accelerating and uses way more fuel. I recently had the Tunit set to 5 (max is 9) and then reset the trip meter to see what my economy was. The usage was towing a boat from NE Melbourne to Hastings and back for probably 60% of the kms and just city driving for the rest of it. After 762 km I had used 136.5 litres of fuel which works out to be 17.9 L/100 km which seems high to me and I also find that the old girl struggles a bit with the couple of hills between here and Hastings and in particular with the one on Eastlink coming out of the tunnel when heading towards the city. It's an 80 zone coming out of there but when towing the boat I struggle to keep it above 70 by the time I hit the top of the hill.

Anyway, I have been thinking initially about either a 4.5 L Cummins conversion or (heaven forbid) trading up to a V8 Cruiser to get a bit more towing performance but I don't think I will get much change out of $40 for both of these options!! I just watched a youtube video from Ultimate Diesel Tuning where they took a 2012 GU with ZD30 and did an inlet manifold soot clean and an ECU remap and went from 79 kW and 271 Nm at the rear wheels to 101 kW and 381 Nm which is a pretty impressive increase of 28% in power and 41% in torque. I've completed their webform to get a quote and I'm wondering if it's worth considering taking the Tunit device off and getting the same treatment.

So - has anybody had this done by Ultimate Diesel Tuning? If so I'd be really keen to get some feedback on the outcomes, particularly in regards to towing performance?

Cheers,

Gags

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement