Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crikey, sorry to read about poor new Truckus there Adz Mate
    Feel for you Bloke and hope all turns out OK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (4th March 2021), Truckus (3rd March 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BOOOOOOOOO!

That is bloody average mate. @PeeBee might tell you how good the after sales service is at BD. Good luck mate. Tough Luck indeed.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Truckus (3rd March 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah bugger mate that is not ideal. All the best with it hopefully they come to the party. . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

Truckus (3rd March 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers fellas.

Still waiting for the call back, and is 6.40 PM here. so 3.40 PM in WA.

I am really hoping they are not going to fuck me around with this, and am hoping there may be a NSW based agent that can do the repair without effecting remainder of warranty. ...and thats the thing, even If I was still fit enough to do the job and had all the gear and effect the repair, that would no doubt bugger the warranty, and she will be a take the tyres off and lower on a hoist job..unless you got scaffolding

Unsure if it is safe to still drive him, probably have to baby him under 1400 rpms, short trips, coolant and temp monitoring stringently (temps still indicate mid range temps, even when warm, gauge at half only getting to 85 degs C atm off the laser temp gun), but no 4 wheelin' until this is sorted.....and thats kinda the point of owning a rig right!

If anyone knows a NSW based AMC 6.5 L P400 cobra or 6.5 L Chev optimizer diesel expert, fitter or reputable repair agent...we are all ears as well, to keep options open...as if Brunswick does not honor warranty...well how many forums can a bloke join and tell a tale on right!

At least I got the hi beams and spot lights and bar sorted....was looking at the temp scan when I found this joy.

Gotta love old trucks, but it shits me when the new bits are the fuck ups!
    Last edited by Truckus; 3rd March 2021 at 10:44 PM.
    2005 Y61 GU rebuilt 2020. 6.5 L turbo inter-cooled Diesel, SupENG Superflex 4 Inch Lift Kit 2,0 Remote res Fox shocks, offset trunions, 315/75/16 Maxxis Razr, 16 x 8 steel rims, SupENG drop box, Stedi Spots & bars, 12000 lbs winch,rear locking bars with duel tire carriers, 4” XtremeENG S/S snorkel, rock sliders, SME UHF, ARB Hard mount Air compressor, ARB fwd & rear air lockers,Rhino roof racks, Duel battery set up, 12 V dist swbd ,

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Truckus For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (4th March 2021), MB (3rd March 2021), MudRunnerTD (3rd March 2021)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckus View Post
    Cheers fellas.

Still waiting for the call back, and is 6.40 PM here. so 3.40 PM in WA.

I am really hoping they are not going to fuck me around with this, and am hoping there may be a NSW based agent that can do the repair without effecting remainder of warranty. ...and thats the thing, even If I was still fit enough to do the job and had all the gear and effect the repair, that would no doubt bugger the warranty, and she will be a take the tyres off and lower on a hoist job..unless you got scaffolding

I can still drive him, but I am babying him under 1400 rpms, short trips, coolant and temp monitoring stringently (temps still indicate mid range temps, even when warm, gauge at half only getting to 85 degs C atm off the laser temp gun), but no 4 wheelin' until this is sorted.....and thats kinda the point of owning a rig right!

If anyone knows a NSW based AMC 6.5 L P400 cobra or 6.5 L Chev optimizer diesel expert, fitter or reputable repair agent...we are all ears as well, to keep options open...as if Brunswick does not honor warranty...well how many forums can a bloke join and tell a tale on right!

At least I got the hi beams and spot lights and bar sorted....was looking at the temp scan when I found this joy.

Gotta love old trucks, but it shits me when the new bits are the fuck ups!
    PM sent, call me if you want, I have the response strategy sorted with BD

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (3rd March 2021), MudRunnerTD (3rd March 2021), Rossco (3rd March 2021), Truckus (3rd March 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers fellas got the PMs late, so have responded. I will txt PD tomorrow and arrange a wag of the chin and hope to spark up some grey matter.

No call back from Brunswick as they promised after I spoke to them yesterday, and then this morning, and was told they would get back to me today with a repair plan.

So the "old dont call us, well will call you, but perhaps if you give us another 27K we can fit an new engine for you"...like thats ever going to happen, Really pissed off I chose not to go the Duramax 6.6 Allison trans 50K option now. At least they got service techs and agents in the east.
    2005 Y61 GU rebuilt 2020. 6.5 L turbo inter-cooled Diesel, SupENG Superflex 4 Inch Lift Kit 2,0 Remote res Fox shocks, offset trunions, 315/75/16 Maxxis Razr, 16 x 8 steel rims, SupENG drop box, Stedi Spots & bars, 12000 lbs winch,rear locking bars with duel tire carriers, 4” XtremeENG S/S snorkel, rock sliders, SME UHF, ARB Hard mount Air compressor, ARB fwd & rear air lockers,Rhino roof racks, Duel battery set up, 12 V dist swbd ,

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Truckus For This Useful Post:

MB (3rd March 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rest Well Adz Mate!
    All will be sweet in the end and Phil is an honest great Mate here & now always
    6.5’s are a most simple beast, Love Mine TOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Truckus (4th March 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update...not good news

So folks, for those that missed my little blow up over in the grumpy topic....

Now I inherited this build (so paid good money for the car in October 20), and continued evolving the truck. At the time of purchase there was absolutely no indication of any engine issues present, the service history looked great, and the engine only had 15000 kms on it, with 31 months warranty still left on it. Previous owner swore never had any issues with it and I went over it with a fine tooth comb. No signs of coolant loss or over pressure at all then.

Yesterday I get a progress update and find out after an engine inspection, that not only are both head gaskets farked, also, the pistons have corrosion and the bore hones are corroded and almost wiped. Looks like a 20 thou oversize rebuild is now on the cards. and I don't think there will be much change out of 10 grand, perhaps more. I wish these were liner engines! Much easier to fix.

Anyhow, turns out previous owner was full of shit, and still is denying any issues with the engine.

Sure, I made a claim under warranty to Brunswick, who eventually sent me to Blackheath auto for the head gasket repairs, and during the inspection,after they pulled the donk, they found the above. They notified Brunswick and sure enough Greg goes hunting for service history. Now would you all believe what he comes up with.

See pdf invoice dated a month before I bought the car, and ironically the service log from the 1000, 5000, and 10000 km services are completed in the log, so I was about to do the 15000 when the over pressure issue started.

Jake 003 business name redacted(1).pdf

Costs were omitted, but the ex owners name is still there, as I have no issue naming and shaming liars and thieves. Now I have all the service records, except for this one, that now thanks to Greg at Brunswick Diesels detective work (no doubt to limit liability for warranty), I now have too, and this is evidence that I been skinned like a shave tail.

Evidently that was done when needed in Sept 20, when the issue was first discovered, but the car service center did not fill out the maintenance log this time for the 15000 (edit...as they did not conduct the service merely diagnosed the heads issue and informed the owner at the time of the serious defect), and (edit)evidently another workshop (end edit) then added an additive sealant to mask the issue, so the problem could be then on sold to some poor sucker..in this case me.

So now instead of a few grand repair Brunswick indicated they would likely honor, we are now looking at a full rebuild due to the vehicle being driven for another 1000 odd kms (due to the uncertainty of head issues, and masking if the problem by prior owner and the service center who should have detailed this in the service log), and now who covers what costs is certainly unclear.

I will find out more after the Easter break but for now I am just shitted off to the maximum. Why the silly Can't did not just do a warranty claim earlier has me well fucked....and he still denies any issues with the car, despite me knowing otherwise.

The trouble is I have spent so much more on it, I am sort of committed to getting it fixed, rather than just walking away and copping a huge loss.

I guess the moral is don't trust anyone now these days...and this certainly is a great example of pissed off.
    Last edited by Truckus; 8th June 2021 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Replaced attachment with redacted version at Business's request

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Truckus For This Useful Post:

MB (2nd April 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next update Repair option 3 New long block

So now the hand goes deeply into the pocket, and things start to move along again at great pace.

This ships out from Brunswick next Tuesday for arrival a week later up in Blackheath for Install.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Included is full gasket kit for install, new thermostats and belts, 36 months warranty or 60000 kms and a deal to split the install cost with a negotiated engine discount (as per agreement with Greg at Brunswick I am not at liberty to discuss funds at this time, but the discount was substantial as will be the install cost offset).

Blackheath now will remove all the good bits from my engine and transplant onto the new long block, (so turbo, inter cooler, plumbing, injection pump, lines and injectors, etc) and then return ship exchange my old engine (I believe this cost will be on Bruswicks freight ticket), then install, add fluids, time, tune and test, plus do the paperwork for new engine number certification for NSW requirements.

Fortunately, as the previous engine was already engineered in NSW (in addition to the other mods on the rig) It does not need re engineering , just eng # inspection and certification for the RMS records.

Now option one, glaze break and rehone was discounted as cylinder bore damage was too significant with rust pitting.

Option 2 20 thou over rebore and rebuild with 20 thou over pistons, while an option was going to have a lead time of 6 to 8 weeks due to machine shop back log, and then it was likely I would be also up for new heads as well, and the cost was a few grand more than a replacement "new" long block was going to be. Truck has already been gone over a month now, and off road for near on two months all ready, so option 3 was the alternative to get things moving.

Now I still got costs with Black heath to pay once the jobs done, for some extra work I got them to do, just on my dime, and the removal and install that Brunswick is splitting with me, so probably a few more grand yet to be spent.

That said....some thing interesting I learnt ...that the bloke who sold me this defect will learn after all costs are known, itemized and rig is up and running again...have a read of lawyer TimW posts on this link https://www.lawanswers.com.au/thread...r-beware.1824/ and expand the initial letter of demand in the first post, from fella who did the same as the bloke who sold me truckus did.

Now if the plaintiff...me ...can show that the seller "engaged in misleading and deceptive conduct to obtain a financial advantage."

So basically...it is a matter for one party (a plaintiff, such as dissatisfied private car buyer)
    to show, on the balance of probabilities, that the other party
    (a defendant, such as a private car seller) acted fraudulently when entering into the contract.
    But that is very do-able - because proving a negative is quite difficult for a defendant to do.

Now if only the buyer had written evidence that the seller knew about the defect, in addition to written evidence that the defect records on service history was omitted from the service history, that stat declarations as affidavits confirming the validity of evidence of the defect notification(certified true copy and affidavits reporting failed "CO2 test" and "bubbling its head off" and "head gasket seal additive is a temporary repair solution ONLY") to the seller 6 weeks prior to sale listing, and that the seller has intentionally misrepresented the condition of the vehicle to accept full fair market value of a defect free vehicle as advertised (such as a screen shot of the car sales advert and certified true copy of the listing from carsales records) with the entire description stating "the vehicle is mechanically perfect, under warranty and is capable and reliable enough to take you to cape York or Tuff truck" and at no stage since purchase has admitted to any defect with the vehicle, and I had detailed service reports showing damage to engine that justified full replacement expense...well...if only I had all those things in evidence....Oh thats right...I already have, and yes, I already got a gun commercial law lawyer just waiting the final bill and outcome before pulling the trigger.

Did I mention I love this cruel sea song

As I now feel it is my civic duty to ensure the law teaches this fella a lesson in right and wrong, and reimburses me out of pocket expenses,

Now the best part..as I all ready have certified true evidence, what ever changes this bloke now wants to retrospectively make to any records...well..that will just dig him deeper with fraud...hence why I have no issue in posting about it.

Some interesting learning in this post!

Cheers.
    Last edited by Truckus; 9th April 2021 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All of this is all good and well. And it's great that the outcome will be a new crate motor. But are you 100% the motor that was put in for the previous owner was new? It could have been a second hand item which I'm sure those guys over there do fit unless requested otherwise. I know it's a shit situation but it may not be as clear cut. Remember all this information you have gotten is from the guys who now don't have to cough up full warranty.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast