OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on refurbing my trailer...

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,262 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So unfortunately for now, I have to do this on the real cheap. This house reno/ build is really sapping the purse, big time, Stage 4 lockdown is costing us day by day, plus a few other things we've dded into the build. The trailer needs new rims and tyres minimum, so thats all its gonna get. I'll have to upgrade as I can. I'll undersling the axle so I can fit larger rims and tyres.

Hopefully when coin permits again after the build, I will look at a dual axle setup.
    Last edited by mudski; 16th February 2021 at 08:08 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (16th February 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,262 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnercu View Post
    Any update on the trailer? Hope there won't be any more lockdowns in your part of Australia.
    Not a lot to be honest. Most of my time lately is taken up with house stuff, plus I have scaffolding everywhere. One of the front tailgate bullet hinges was seized totally and it ripped off the tailgate. So now theres a gaping hole in the bottom part of the tailgate skin. So that needs to be fixed but ran out of welding gas...
    Heavier springs and axle is in, new rims and bigger tyres also, and a length of RHS down the guts from the drawbar for extra strength. Ideally getting it sandblastd and repainted would be awsome, but costly, so I guess a flappy wheel on my drill and a few hours I will spend doing the best I can. then I'll give it a coat of jam to doll it up a bit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123