Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Boost pressure zd30 2000 model

Good afternoon,
    I have a 2000 zd30 that has been very sluggish for a long time. So i bought a daws valve and have installed that, but I find I have no boost pressure from the intercooler, I installed a turbo smart adaptor, one side goes to the daws vale and the other to the boost pressure gauge, and I find I have no boot pressure, one can put ones finger over the outlet and bairly a puff of air comes out.
    I have checked all the hoses, and can not find anything wrong, i do note that there is some oil on the top right hand side of the inter cooler, but not a lot, I would appreciate some assistance on this please.
    I am 81 an ex Porsche and MB mechanic, but my knowledge of this stuff is very limited.
    I know when the vac line is on, the lever on the actuator is up, and when the engine is off, it drops down, so I assume that this okay.
    What is the best way to test the intercooler ?.
    Any suggestions please would be gratefully appreciated.
    Best Regards
    John Couch
    vk3jd@optusnet.com.au

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Couch View Post
    Good afternoon,
    I have a 2000 zd30 that has been very sluggish for a long time. So i bought a daws valve and have installed that, but I find I have no boost pressure from the intercooler, I installed a turbo smart adaptor, one side goes to the daws vale and the other to the boost pressure gauge, and I find I have no boot pressure, one can put ones finger over the outlet and bairly a puff of air comes out.
    I have checked all the hoses, and can not find anything wrong, i do note that there is some oil on the top right hand side of the inter cooler, but not a lot, I would appreciate some assistance on this please.
    I am 81 an ex Porsche and MB mechanic, but my knowledge of this stuff is very limited.
    I know when the vac line is on, the lever on the actuator is up, and when the engine is off, it drops down, so I assume that this okay.
    What is the best way to test the intercooler ?.
    Any suggestions please would be gratefully appreciated.
    Best Regards
    John Couch
    vk3jd@optusnet.com.au

Your intercooler has a hole in it, if theres oil showing. known issue with the "Grenades" OEM intercooler. They are garbage. Replace it with an aftermarket cooler and go from there.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @John Couch saw u posted this up on Patrol4X4 yesturday and I responded this arvo. Look boost comes on with eng under load and certainly not @ idle.

With your background u could try this with care:
    Block the off boost line from T adaptor to Dawes,
    Connect a vac hose direct from the actuator stem pipe (where u pick up vac from) to the actuator diapham (ie: bypasses the manual boost control _ Dawes/Needle). Need to drive with caution /watch your boost gauge and in your case do not exceed 15psi (hopefully you get boost reading on gauge).
    Let us know what u find
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job