OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: HELP, Loss of speedo cluster instruments and now occasional loss of power in the moto

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP, Loss of speedo cluster instruments and now occasional loss of power in the moto

Any help please,

A few days ago i started my car as per normal and my guages all worked, then i looked back 5 seconds later and had no guages. Checked all fuses and checked the 4 relays i have under the dash and checked the relays/fuses under the hood. all clear. tested with volt metre and have power either side of the relays and main fuses... The A/C fan works but not cold? I'v lost cruise control, sub-tank pump and all guages + Ac at the same time. Could still drive (only small trips to and from work).

Now driving on the freeway i found myself having to downshift to try and keep my speed up and even then it still was losing speed.. I pulled over turned my car off and had a quick look, couldnt see anything dirrectly noticeable, jump back in and my car is turning over and over but wont start? i try again and pump a little gas and she starts after a while.. But then soon as she started i went to put my foot on the accelerator and got absolutely no response for about 5-10 seconds then she drove home reasonably okay...

I have checked all main ground connections and everything seems fine, Checked with a volt metre too and all readings as per normal??

As money is very limited i was hoping i could fix this myself?... Any help?

cheers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry forgot to add, 2007 Nissan Patrol GU, ZD30 Y61... Turbo diesel Manual and a common rail...

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, I also have a 2007 CRD manual. Managed to pull the speedo sensor plug apart near the transmission and ended up loosing the speedo but had tach and everything else. Engine however would not boost (turbo wouldn't spool up) and felt like it was in limp mode. Ended up turning it off and pushing the plug back together and all works normally. As soon as the plug comes apart back into limp mode. Maybe a help but yours sounds a little worse....good luck