Thread: Gq factory fuel tank capacities

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gq factory fuel tank capacities

I have a 91 Rb30 and have recently found that it only has a 55 litre tank. Are they from factory and can I change it to a 95 litre tank? Will the larger tank still fit ? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mine takes 90 something litres.

Have you filled it from empty, or is it just shutting the fuel filler nozzle off? I have to pull the fill nozzles out just a tad to keep them from shutting off.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    IIRC -
    Aussie Y60 wagon all engines - 95 litres standard (around 90 useable, 5 air expansion) optional 30 ish aux tank (cab chassis had 85 ish aux)
    LPG conversions would often take the Aux off and use a 55 litre or 75 litre tank in lieu of the factory Aux (not the main).

Some overseas spec Y60 variants did have smaller mains (possibly only Safaris but I'm not sure)

Some Y60 tanks had the tank breather set too low and will shut off early (but nothing like only 55 litres) and wouldn't take 90 ish litres and you could get an extra 5 to 10 litres if tyouo took off the tank pick up and bent the relief tube up a bit...
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

MB (9th January 2021)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. Its factory fuel tank by looks of it,never been on gas and no sub tank. 55 litres from empty to full. Even took sender out and seen tank was full. Can a 95 litre tank fit in its spot ? Or will I need to fit a sub tank to the belly ?
    Cheers.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got me stuffed then....

The factory tank fitted to Y60 Wagons according to Nissan was 95 litres (all countries, all variants 'cept safari) .

An 80 litre factory main tank was fitted to the Safari until 1991 when Nissan dropped the 80 litre tank and went to 95 litre main tank (all countries, all variants incl safari).
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

MB (11th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wondering if a previous owner might have had it on LPG at some stage and once all the bits were beyond their certifiable lifetime were stripped out possibly?
    We bought a rough old 2000 GU TD42T work ute a few years ago that still had some of the Diesel/LPG assistance bits under the bonnet but the little tank was removed from under the tray.
    IIRC our work mechanic nearby said he legally couldn’t have let it leave his shop if it had of had an expired tank still under there....can’t exactly remember but seem to recall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    snip....
    IIRC our work mechanic nearby said he legally couldn’t have let it leave his shop if it had of had an expired tank still under there....can’t exactly remember but seem to recall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tru dat... well at least in Vic, NSW and WA an "expired" LPG tank has to be removed or the vehicle is unroadworthy even if the LPG is not being used as a fuel.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

MB (11th January 2021)