Thread: crd late model fuel filter

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

crd late model fuel filter

Hi guys poopsie here,I would like to change my fuel filter as I do not know when it was done and I have not done it on a crd patrol.[I want to make sure nothing goes wrong with the motor before the ls3 conversion which will be started end of january] and hopefully get something for the 2016 year motor. the filter is the one with a few pipes out of it and is primed with plastic bulb ,has sensor and a drain on it.Thanks for any help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So what do you want to know?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply,it looks to me that I need to undo all hoses,lift out filter with mount,separate filter from mount,install new filter in mount,before fitting all hoses Iwould like to fill filter with fuel so I assume I just connect fuel line from tank and prime bulb until fuel comes out of filter and connect remaining hoses and then bolt filter mount back in.After this I assume primer bulb must be squeezed until it becomes firm. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    I would like to fill filter with fuel so I assume I just connect fuel line from tank and prime bulb until fuel comes out of filter and connect remaining hoses and then bolt filter mount back in.After this I assume primer bulb must be squeezed until it becomes firm. Thanks.
    Two Hex Hd bolts secure brkt in place.

Can drain filter before removal (black straight knurled valve arrangement) pic shows it on side. Or after removal, just remove bottom sensor (rotate it 1/4 turn anticlockwise / pull out). Note: Elec Plug is held in place with small clip, need small pointed pick to remove it and don't loose it.

To prime filter:

Connect up all hoses, except outlet to fuel pump (larger hose_one shown with finger pointing to it) in pic. Remove both fuel tank filler caps, prime by squeezing primer bulb letting the filter vent thru outlet pipe, then place finger over the metal outlet pipe while letting the bulb expand to draw fuel into/thru filter and then repeat (squeeze bulb with finger off then place finger over pipe (block) and let bulb expand). Do this until fuel flow out this pipe is evident (take say 15 -20 pumps) and then connect hose up (give bulb a couple of more pumps). Should start then and give the bulb a few pumps while idle and then take her for a run. If stops, just pump bulb a few times but all should be good.

Do not try and dry crank engine as you will take a lot of charge out of you crank battery.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

trev zd30 (14th December 2020)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate you are a legend thankyou,did it how you said and started no problems.Hope the ls3 is easy to work on.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to poopsie For This Useful Post:

Bidja (26th November 2020)