OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eastern Alps Region - Vic Alpine National Park Track Closure's Reopening?

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 2,645 Posts
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris it is closed, appears unfortunately at the normal seasonal gate that intersects with CMF track. I was hoping they closed it on the east side of the river to preserve access to the brilliant waterhole campsite, but no, typical DSE, they do the lazy and dumb thing and block it off at the same spot where yahoos rip the gate out of the ground every season.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a little more luck.

Ended up getting a Text Message from one ranger saying Davies Plain Track through to Tom Groggin station should open early December.

Ingeegoodbee Track and MacFarlanes Flat Track will remain closed well into 2021 due to unsafe track conditions.

A couple of YouTube Video's from 2018 and 2017 I came across, did show Ingeegoodbee and MacFarlanes Flat Track in very well used condition . . . so not really unexpected that they ill be closed for some time, but Happy with that . . . can't plan a drive through NSW National Parks like you can in Victoria, so am looking forward to this trip.
    Grant

Penrith Region
    Sydney NSW.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grant209 For This Useful Post:

MB (24th November 2020), PeeBee (24th November 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 2,645 Posts
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on trig Track in east gippsland. DSE have now bulldozed the track closed at the seasonal gate where it intersects with CMF track, and have a hug pile of bolders ready to move into position on the wester side of trig track where it is accessed off the walhalla/matlock road. the track that is still currently open is in pristine condition, but not for long. The brilliant waterhole to the east of CMF tk is now only accessible by foot - huge dirt bern and massive trees push up behind the locked gates and an extended length fence is installed to stop anyone getting past it - could have been handled differently i believe.trig.JPG Plus a sign left by a concerned camper at the campsite on the river we stayed at - hits the spot if rather crudely. campsite was spotless when i arrived and upon leaving.sign.JPG
    Last edited by PeeBee; 13th December 2020 at 08:54 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (29th December 2020), MB (12th December 2020), Stropp (31st December 2020)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well my Vic High Country Trip has been Canned due to Vic Boarder Closures around the North Sydney COVID out brake.

It sucks, but maybe later in the year in Feb, March, April or May, I might look at making a Mini Holiday Run down doing 4 to 5 Day Trip into the North West Vic High Country.

In the mean time, My January Annual Leave looks like I'll be spending a couple days heading up to My Father's place at Mungindi on the NSW/Qld Boarder, first heading up to Port and then heading West exploring the back tracks from Kempsey alongside the Macleay River to Armadale, and then across to my Father's at Mungindi.
    Last edited by Grant209; 29th December 2020 at 09:20 AM.
    Grant

Penrith Region
    Sydney NSW.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grant209 For This Useful Post:

MB (29th December 2020), PeeBee (29th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Update on trig Track in east gippsland. DSE have now bulldozed the track closed at the seasonal gate where it intersects with CMF track, and have a hug pile of bolders ready to move into position on the wester side of trig track where it is accessed off the walhalla/matlock road. the track that is still currently open is in pristine condition, but not for long. The brilliant waterhole to the east of CMF tk is now only accessible by foot - huge dirt bern and massive trees push up behind the locked gates and an extended length fence is installed to stop anyone getting past it - could have been handled differently i believe.
    Starting 2 look / sound more and more like the Blue Mountains, we haven't lost it all yet, we still have state forest 2 drive in but pretty sure all the National Parks are looked, beside a couple of dirt tracks a 2wd could access
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

MB (30th December 2020), PeeBee (30th December 2020)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    Starting 2 look / sound more and more like the Blue Mountains, we haven't lost it all yet, we still have state forest 2 drive in but pretty sure all the National Parks are looked, beside a couple of dirt tracks a 2wd could access
    NissanGQ,

Mate, I don't think Vic Parks are anywhere near as anal as our NSWNP's, many of the tracks I was looking at would be closed if they were in NSW National Parks.

Was talking to one of the Vic NP Rangers back early December 20, he was saying many of the Dry Season 4WD Tracks in the North West High Country that are still closed, are still closed due to last seasons Bush Fire Damage.

There was one track I was interested in doing that runs near the Vic/NSW Boarder that looked interesting on a YouTube Video dated 2016, DSE consider it too dangerous for inexperience 4WD'ers to negotiate and it is still closed to about March, when it is eye marked for refurbishment . . . our NSW NP's would just gate it and forget about it.

I remember talking to a Vic Parks ranger many years ago who was saying they Loved Vic 4WD Club participation, as the Vic 4WD Clubs provided their time and labour to report back on and keep tracks open, a task DSE couldn't do without 4WD Club assistance.

But yea . . . . I usually don't bother with NSW National Parks, I'm not into driving 10klm on a 2wd dirt driveway as you say, park and walk another 10min to a Nepean River Lookout, only to then drive back to the Highway. Katoomb's Three Sisters I've see once, and the bus loads of tourist and hippies don't interest me, I like to drive from Point A to Point B, C, D and E . . . and come out 30 . . . 50klm from where I started from on a different highway . . . not too many NSW National Parks Tracks you can do that with any more.
    Last edited by Grant209; 5th January 2021 at 09:11 AM.
    Grant

Penrith Region
    Sydney NSW.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Grant209;812890]I had a little more luck.

Ended up getting a Text Message from one ranger saying Davies Plain Track through to Tom Groggin station should open early December.

Ingeegoodbee Track and MacFarlanes Flat Track will remain closed well into 2021 due to unsafe track conditions.

A couple of YouTube Video's from 2018 and 2017 I came across, did show Ingeegoodbee and MacFarlanes Flat Track in very well used condition . . . so not really unexpected that they ill be closed for some time, but Happy with that . . . can't plan a drive through NSW National Parks like you can in Victoria, so am looking forward to this trip.[/QUOTE

I went for a run through MacFarlanes Flat and Ingeegoodbee Tracks a couple of Years Back, and the scenery is awesome, not too many people about.
    They have taken out the really steep stuff on Ingeegoodbee ( from 20 odd years ago ) and made it all switchback to tame it all back a bit, so I think once it reopens you would have no trouble at all even if the dozer hasn't been through for a while. We cruised through easily.

The floods and the river have changed my favorite little camp spot at the last river crossing at the Snowy River end on the Ingeegoodbee, so there is now not much flat area, and it is only good for rooftop tents ... but who knows - it might be different again now after the fires.

Hope you get to go at some stage as it is well worth it.
    Last edited by happygu; 6th January 2021 at 09:12 AM.
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygu View Post
    I went for a run through MacFarlanes Flat and Ingeegoodbee Tracks a couple of Years Back, and the scenery is awesome, not too many people about.
    They have taken out the really steep stuff on Ingeegoodbee ( from 20 odd years ago ) and made it all switchback to tame it all back a bit, so I think once it reopens you would have no trouble at all even if the dozer hasn't been through for a while. We cruised through easily.

The floods and the river have changed my favorite little camp spot at the last river crossing at the Snowy River end, so there is now not much flat area, and it is only good for rooftop tents ... but who knows - it might be different again now after the fires.

Hope you get to go at some stage as it is well worth it.
    happygu,

Yep the Ingeegoodbee Track is the one that I was hoping to do.

Hopefully later in the year, once the Boarder opens again and COVID has settled down again, by then maybe the Ingeegoodbee Track will be open again and I'll be able to do a take a set of shifts off work and make a week trip down and back.

The Boarder Closure may have worked out to provide a better trip later in the year lol

Grant.
    Grant

Penrith Region
    Sydney NSW.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12