OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Will these wheels fit my GQ - MODS dont delete its not about a brothel in India

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growler2058 View Post
    Only enough for two wheels. So i reckon ill torque em up like you suggested ay
    Or put them on every second wheel nut.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (12th November 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone got experience with these tyres. I am looking to replace the BFG MT KM2's. Frankly going to a 17" tyre in BFG is poison, circa $470 a tyre. These are 10ply rated, triple ply side wall, load rated 121 and LT construction. Also looking at the Kumho MT 71 at #310 a corner in LT285/70/R17 https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...08806689422825
    Kumho mt71.png

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Phil, The main reason i swapped out the 17s for 16s is the cost of the Tyres and availability in the bush. The later is not that big a deal these days but the price is appalling. I ran the Khumo KL71s for 2 sets and was Very Very happy with them overall. They were directional tread though which was a bi of an issue as they did not suit rotating the tyres. I had to pay for them to be stripped off the rims twice and spun around so i could run them on the alternate corners. but they wore well and had Great performance everywhere.Snow, Beach, Rock, Road. Great. And Cheap by comparison. Having to strip and swap a couple of times added cost to the tyre overall but not up front.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (17th November 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Hi Phil, The main reason i swapped out the 17s for 16s is the cost of the Tyres and availability in the bush. The later is not that big a deal these days but the price is appalling. I ran the Khumo KL71s for 2 sets and was Very Very happy with them overall. They were directional tread though which was a bi of an issue as they did not suit rotating the tyres. I had to pay for them to be stripped off the rims twice and spun around so i could run them on the alternate corners. but they wore well and had Great performance everywhere.Snow, Beach, Rock, Road. Great. And Cheap by comparison. Having to strip and swap a couple of times added cost to the tyre overall but not up front.
    Thanks Darren, I have committed to the Kumho's now, and the tires will get fitted on thursday. My set of Kumho's back in the late 1980's were bloody rubbish, out of balance, uneven wear, crappy cheap donuts, but I am sure time has moved on. I would have also liked to stay with 16's but the new brakes require a 17" rim. Now, seems like you are getting snagged with the spelling of tire instead of tyre - which one is it - this spell check thing is doing my head in!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Thanks Darren, I have committed to the Kumho's now, and the tires will get fitted on thursday. My set of Kumho's back in the late 1980's were bloody rubbish, out of balance, uneven wear, crappy cheap donuts, but I am sure time has moved on. I would have also liked to stay with 16's but the new brakes require a 17" rim. Now, seems like you are getting snagged with the spelling of tire instead of tyre - which one is it - this spell check thing is doing my head in!
    100% the word is Tyre. I believe Tire is the yanky spelling

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

jack (19th November 2020), PeeBee (18th November 2020), rusty_nail (18th November 2020), Winnie (18th November 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up the new wheels and tyres today, happy with them, put the BFG's on Facebook and gone in 20 minutes - must have been too cheap!Original look.JPGNew look.JPGBFG V MT71.JPGChunky shoulders.JPG

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (19th November 2020), MB (20th November 2020), Rossco (19th November 2020), Winnie (19th November 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Those tyres look nice and aggressive Phil. And the rims look great on your car, bit shiny though I do think down the track charcoal powder coat or similar would look grouse!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (19th November 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chris, the clear coat is just about gone on them, but still enough to make it difficult to lift their overall appearance. These are pretty rough GU 4 alloys, certainly not pretty boy by any means. I might look into a powder coat job down the track, however these have a few gouges so doubt they would come up all that well. At the end of the day 'form follows function ' so they may end up a lot worse for wear anyway. Not the lightest wheel either, probably heavier than the steel rims that came off it. The tyres are quite meaty in the flesh, only picked them from a brochure. Similar tread pattern to the BFG in some regards, but then most of the MT's are aren't they. Pushed for the LT version and has the triple side walls as well.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (19th November 2020), Rossco (19th November 2020)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456