Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DIY Slide out kitchen and drawers

G'day Everyone,

At time of posting, this is still a working progress and I am not 100% how it is going to turn out. Intent is to have a slide out kitchen on the left which only requires the small barn door to be opened to have it open right out. I would like it to be quite similar to the first picture, but instead of drawers at the back, just bins for a 'pantry' and pots and pans. My fridge also just squeezes through this opening so positioning is key. The right side drawer will just be a normal drawer, but quite wide and with partitions for more strength for organising. Below are some of the pics I have used for inspiration. Two of which being by Drifta.

images.jpeg

IMG_20170529_134819.jpg

I quite like this one from drifta which has the left drawer able to be opened with just the small barn door opened. I intend for the slide out kitchen to be like this.

Drawer inspiration.jpeg

I used 12mm ply from bunnings and am using 6mm dowels for positioning. I have used the third row seat holes and what I believe are child seat restraints as I didnt want to drill any extra holes.

Drawer build.jpg

Drawer build 2.jpg

Drawer build 1.jpg

Currently waiting for some drawer runners to arrive then I can continue with the build.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bojordan For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (3rd November 2020), Hodge (2nd November 2020), MB (2nd November 2020)