Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'89 Ford Maverick - to one day be referred to as BarraMav

G'day Guys,

I am new to the forum and have been browsing around at most of your rigs and thought I would start my own build thread.

Bought it around November 2019 from a German couple who needed to sell it quite quickly to fund their trip to their next destination around the globe so I got it for quite a steal at $2750. The couple had used it for a trip through the red centre from WA and so it was filthy when they sold it to me.

Its a 1989 Ford Maverick with the TB42S in Auto. Done 318k and waa at one stage on dual fuel, but at some stage had the tank ripped out, but everything else remained.

Here is a pic right after I purchased it:
    Just purchased.jpg

This is how the previous owners lived in it whilst travelling:
    Original rear setup.jpg

And this is after an initial clean:
    20190308_181606.jpg

Intent is to make a fun camping/weekend warrior/mild tourer with a NA 4.0 Barra in it. I have one which I picked up for $50 which I am in the middle of rebuilding and learning lots along the way. Not sure if this will be the engine I use, but it will definately be used to mock up the engine mount placement etc.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bojordan For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (10th January 2021), MB (2nd November 2020), mudnut (2nd November 2020), PeeBee (1st November 2020), Rossco (1st November 2020)