Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y61 Engine talk

Hello everyone !

I have a Y61 2000mod Zd30Di Automatic.
    I have used it 2 years now and all in all I am very happy. Its only 185,000km on the clock. I live in Norway so the temps here is max +35c in summer and -30c Winther.
    Its a lot of Y61 around that ZD engine is running good and 300,000km on the clock. So I do not worry so much about the engine. ofc I have all the ''NADS'' setup = EGR block, EGT, Turbo adjusted ect ect.
    Here in Norway they stop sell any Patrols after 2007. Thats sad as I like the series of SUV. So plan is to recondition the one I have in some years.

But I like to do plans so at this point its engine talk. I know the ZD30 I have is the old type and not the best known one. The ZD30 CRD 2007- is a better type 2 engine.
    I would love to add some extra power on it. I know the ZD is not the best engine. But I see and read a lot of owner have a ZD30 CRD running +40% power. That would be nice.

If I like more power then this a engine swap may be needed. But Norwegian road law is so strict and hard. So not easy to get legal.
    Anyway what Sawp can be made wiht less amount of cash used.

Photos of the car as it is now. ( photos will be removed automatic in 30days )
    https://ibb.co/842fBgM
    https://ibb.co/3098CVB

Thanks for any comments

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is very expensive to make major repairs of the ZD engine with original spare parts. A swap costs about the same. If the car is for the forest, then you can put TD42T, or QD32T. If for roads then M57 from BMW