Thread: Need help alternator warning lamp wiring

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help alternator warning lamp wiring

Hey guys, really new first post. Had my 2000 patrol for a while now in WA bought it from Queensland, so alternators not charging. Me and the old man's gone through checking volts ect, it doesn't charge. I do want to do the mod running the thick white wire straight to a +positive main bat, and also ill have to get thicker gauge wire for the main charging lead from alt to main bat since I've upgraded to a 90amp?

Real question is, I know the white wire with red stripe is the alt dash light wire? Needs to be wired to the alt dash warning light then that goes too ignition then back too battery? previous owner had the wire hooked straight to the battery must've been thinking it was the sense wire.. My problem is how do I wire 'trigger' or 'field' wire to the alternator warning light?
    Ripped everything apart I wouldn't have a clue where to go, is the wire located behind cluster or is there a spot I have to connect too in the cockpit fuse box??

Appreciate any assistance, sorry if this has been explained before, been searching all morning and can't find anything! I have diagrams of how the alternator wiring should go but where does white wire with red stripe connect too, any pictures would be handy..

Cheers!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update I found a white wire with red stripes on some conduit running up and near the alternator, it's live but it's literally cut and just sitting there? I'm guessing this is the wire in looking for, anyone know how to tell?