I have a CIG Easy welder, professional series, its a transformer welder, been absolutely brilliant , bought it around 1990 I think. Its been flogged at times but always was up to the task. I have been using a smaller solid state arc welder of late as its better on the light stuff. Today i went to use the CIG unit and would not strike a spark. I pulled the cover off, and found a broken wire inside at a terminal strip, which i fixed, powered it back up and still nothing. I thin measured the volts across the earth to work lead and its only putting out 3.9VAC, on either the high or low tapping. reading on the net it seems this should be around 35V as a number? Does anyone have any experience with troubleshooting this fault - looks like the transformer , which is quite large has crapped out. the transformer is humming but very quiet. There is 240VAC to the machine. I was going to stick this on Gumtree to partial fund a new MIG, as the solid state arc welder does the job and this is just gathering dust, but maybe its a nature-strip job?