OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone run a reverse osmosis water purifyier.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post

I can wash top to toe in about 1 litre of water and if you wash like that every second day, you save some, if you wash every 3rd day you save even more etc etc. I reckon we've come close to running out of food more times than running out of water, just some real world info.
    Perhaps that's why folk cross the street when we come into town out of the bush. Ha ha.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure your Patrol only has a 100kg tow ball limit?
    I have an auto GU, which only has 2500kg tow limit, and it has a 200kg tow ball limit
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I researched it online, rang my insurance company (dodgy as buggery about it). Called Nissan Australia and the answer is 100kg towball down force with 2500kg for an 1994 RB30 GQ Patrol. But mine has a Nissan towbar with a load limit of 2270kg. With the 60/40 ratio (10%) loading, it does not make any sense. Dual axle vans are better, but most of them are too heavy to tow, anyway.

The GU has a sticker showing a maximum towball weight, proportional to the GVM of the trailer.
    Last edited by mudnut; 8th October 2020 at 05:28 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    How much water can you carry at present?
    We have 100 lt in plastic jerry cans distributed around the camper trailer. (Yes. We still have that crappy little thing I took up to Bearii)

I am still searching for a suitable van. I did like Jack's Hybrid, but it is a bit to heavy, so an Avan soft roader might be the way to go.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    We have 100 lt in plastic jerry cans distributed around the camper trailer. (Yes. We still have that crappy little thing I took up to Bearii)

I am still searching for a suitable van. I did like Jack's Hybrid, but it is a bit to heavy, so an Avan soft roader might be the way to go.
    I really liked the look of the Avan's when I was looking last year. They hold their value pretty good from the ones I looked at too..
    2003 GU TD42 with a few extra ponies

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 0-TJ-0 For This Useful Post:

mudnut (8th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the current version of Jack's Hybrid is lighter, but less well appointed.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

mudnut (9th October 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I also thought that having an endless supply of water would be handy when camping with the family. We almost got caught when we ran out. We got to the local town and found that it was $10 for 5 litres at the General store . We got lucky as I talked to the lady at the tourism office and she allowed us to fill our jerry cans (140 lts) from their water tank.
    Last edited by mudnut; 9th October 2020 at 08:59 PM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, there. I know this

Hello, there. I know this is off-topic, but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this site? I’m getting fed up of WordPress because I’ve had problems with hackers and I’m looking at options for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baby Wipes, Suggested Again :-)
    Instant Snatch rectification through Cape York younger days appreciation :-)
    Pussed out on the 20’ deep 1994 original crossing....Jardine barge backtracked :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone run a reverse osmosis water purifyier.

Maybe some betterer advice, apologies:
    Reuse water where possible, pre-cryovac your short/long term Frozen Engel tucker and boil to heat...utilise the clean H2O afterwards for drinking or fanny cleansing if desired

EDIT:
    Americano = Fanny/Arsehole
    Australiano = Twat :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MB; 9th October 2020 at 09:15 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

mudnut (9th October 2020)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast