Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ZD30 DDTi head rebuild

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop you all a line about my project after years of good Patrollin'!

I originally came here to this forum and sourced info, parts amd advice from the good community to fix up and build my 2004 GU ST ZD30DDTi. Needless to say, I built the best family tourer I've ever had, it's been everywhere (man&#129315 and towed a camper for a lot of it. That being said, the last trip to Tas with said camper was the last she ever did, as the head finally let go.
    But we got home ok and she still drives.

Which beings me to my post, I will be pulling it down myself as a project and hoping it's just the gasket!

Do you guys have any advice on procedure, things to look for and part sources?
    If the head is cracked I'll probably buy an assembled head to replace it. So keep an eye out soon as she will be going up for sale.

Before you well intended people tell me to chuck in an LS or TD42, I thought about that! But I'm going to sell the girl and look to upgrade, so I'm going for minimal cost for this project. Besides, the ZD30 has done so well and I've got everywhere I have ever needed to go with no upsets. Must've been the anal maintenance schedule!

Cheers all!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all, so I've decided I'll just put the old girl in the garage and strip it down, see what the go is and take it from there. I'll take my time, cut my hands on the turbo heat shield and crack a few exhaust manifold studs, but hey thats the fun of it!

Still happy for pointers if you wanna throw them out there. Ill post up progress if ppl are interested.

Cheers.