OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: 12V Solar panel load sharing to 2 x DCDC chargers (One for the 12v/Solar gurus)

Threaded View

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

12V Solar panel load sharing to 2 x DCDC chargers (One for the 12v/Solar gurus)

Hey fellas. This one is for the Solar and 12V wizards here.
    I recently upgraded my Aux battery setup. I now have a Intervolt DCC Pro Version 2 charger, feeding a 120AH Itechworld lithium battery. It charges super quick and can keep volts and run till Covids over...
    I've been mislead though. I got told the Intervolt charges the "main" battery, in certain scenarios under solar. For instance when the Aux battery is full, it will trickle charge the main. I like this feature very much.
    Problem is, I have the V.2 of the Intervolt charger. Which has been upgraded from V.1 to cope with Lithiums and other features. But it seems they have taken away the feature to charge the main OUT of the V.2. I didn't know this and it's not stated anywhere...
    But it's All good, regardless of that I like the unit and will keep it.

This brings me to my question. I still have my Ctek unit. And is still more or less fitted at the back of the car. And would like to utilize this to charge the MAIN from solar.
    But I have one solar panel. So the two chargers will have to share the watts coming out of the panel.
    Is there anything wrong with 2 DCDC charges sharing one unregulated panel?

My theory is, the Lithium will charge through the Intervolt super fast, and it will stop sucking juice out of the panel, therefore the charge available out of the panels will now be used by the Ctek to charge the Main.

Am I wasting my time here ?

Attached Images Attached Images
    2005 TD42TI