Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $165,000 GU Patrol!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,516 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upgrading from the TVan?
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

Rossco (28th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impressive.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is A LOT of Car!!!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Rossco (28th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And a lot of money. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty cool, I'd change the bullbar but. . Not that I could anywhere afford the thing. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    That is A LOT of Car!!!
    Sure is! Mind you I look at it & think it'd probably be bloody hard work punting along some of the tracks we've been on. Mind you I really don't have a sense of what 6 driven wheels would be like off road. Just doesn't look like a vehicle got tight going or high clearance rocky tracks. For the money the interior is pretty basic too.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    That is A LOT of Car!!!
    Sure is! Mind you I look at it & think it'd probably be bloody hard work punting along some of the tracks we've been on. Mind you I really don't have a sense of what 6 driven wheels would be like off road. Just doesn't look like a vehicle for tight going or high clearance rocky tracks. For the money the interior is pretty basic too.
    The motor would be nice, but for that sort of money I reckon I'd rather have a half decent Iveco Daily 4x4
    Last edited by Cuppa; 29th September 2020 at 09:33 PM.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Sure is! Mind you I look at it & think it'd probably be bloody hard work punting along some of the tracks we've been on. Mind you I really don't have a sense of what 6 driven wheels would be like off road. Just doesn't look like a vehicle got tight going or high clearance rocky tracks. For the money the interior is pretty basic too.
    The motor would be nice, but for that sort of money I reckon I'd rather have a half decent Iveco Daily 4x4
    Yeah initially I thought he was on Crack! Clearlt a lot of coin dropped on that build. But I agree, for the coin I would have gone a Truck for sure. I wonder what his Build price was if he is looking for $165k now.

An Earth Cruiser or Iveco for the win.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a barge alright. Looks like its set up more for GVM/GCM expansion to me - there is a shot of it with a trailer and what looks like a Mustang on the back. I am guessing 5m into the sand it would be sitting on its belly. There was a guy in the Landcruiser Club many years ago who had stretched a Nissan MQ to a 4wd plus lazy axle for towing a horse float - was on a club trip - pretty easy one, Mt Wellington, Higgins Yard Howitt High Plains - and that thing was a total pain for him on the tracks, too long and constantly getting hung up with no drive as the rear set of wheels would hold the centre axle off the road - different I know to this beast. He only went on one trip, never saw him again. Quality of build looks great though, like a lot of the functionality, and that motor trans combo would be great also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast