User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Td42t confusion

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the inlet pipe shows it is from a truck chassis, so the inlet is no good for anyone

also depends on the injector pump

curiouser and curiouser
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigcol For This Useful Post:

MB (18th September 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all i didnt get any further in finding out the true origins of this engine, as in what it was originally out of or which country it was from, the little i was able to research on it indicates that it is from Malaysia out of a truck known as an Atlas and that a patrol bell housing either manual or auto will not bolt up to these particular engines, which means the block must be cast differently ( please let me know if u disagree or have other information on the subject ). Despite repeatedly asking the seller to call me on my mobile number which i repeatedly sent him he would only reply via gumtree message asking that i send him half the money then he would send me the engine and when i received it to forward on balance of the sale price. When it became obvious he was dodgy and that he wasnt going to speak with me so i could ask some questions about the engine i sent him a message saying that it clearly wasnt out of a gu patrol wagon as he claimed but more than likely out of a truck from another country and that i was still interested in buying it if he would call and answer some questions for me he then stopped communicating completely. I will leave it up to u to make your own minds up about that! The alarming part is that he is the owner of quite a large and renowned automotive workshop in Melbourne. I hope none of u guys are unlucky enough to go there for work to be carried out out your pride and joy.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,962 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Hi all i didnt get any further in finding out the true origins of this engine, as in what it was originally out of or which country it was from, the little i was able to research on it indicates that it is from Malaysia out of a truck known as an Atlas and that a patrol bell housing either manual or auto will not bolt up to these particular engines, which means the block must be cast differently ( please let me know if u disagree or have other information on the subject ). Despite repeatedly asking the seller to call me on my mobile number which i repeatedly sent him he would only reply via gumtree message asking that i send him half the money then he would send me the engine and when i received it to forward on balance of the sale price. When it became obvious he was dodgy and that he wasnt going to speak with me so i could ask some questions about the engine i sent him a message saying that it clearly wasnt out of a gu patrol wagon as he claimed but more than likely out of a truck from another country and that i was still interested in buying it if he would call and answer some questions for me he then stopped communicating completely. I will leave it up to u to make your own minds up about that! The alarming part is that he is the owner of quite a large and renowned automotive workshop in Melbourne. I hope none of u guys are unlucky enough to go there for work to be carried out out your pride and joy.
    Here's that engine found on Alibaba. Says it's from a Nissan Civilian.
    Not in Australia.
    Not $700.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...6bca4c22cKpc3y

You dodged a bullet on this one!

So who's the dodgy bro trying to scam you?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    It's likely he has nothing to do with any company based in Melbourne or even Australia for that matter.

Mate as soon as Daz spotted the foreign writing in the background it was always going to be a "send us your money" scam. Totally different ballgame if you can go and look at it and take it home with you.

Anyway, my point is that a reputable company wouldn't risk their reputation to scam you out of $350 so blatantly. Not to mention the civil/criminal repercussions. I would probably keep that company name to yourself unless you know for a fact they're involved and not just named by the person who made the ad.
    2003 GU TD42 with a few extra ponies

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 0-TJ-0 For This Useful Post:

MB (24th September 2020), Plasnart (24th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TJ for VP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (25th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,962 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0-TJ-0 View Post
    It's likely he has nothing to do with any company based in Melbourne or even Australia for that matter.

Mate as soon as Daz spotted the foreign writing in the background it was always going to be a "send us your money" scam. Totally different ballgame if you can go and look at it and take it home with you.

Anyway, my point is that a reputable company wouldn't risk their reputation to scam you out of $350 so blatantly. Not to mention the civil/criminal repercussions. I would probably keep that company name to yourself unless you know for a fact they're involved and not just named by the person who made the ad.
    Yep fair call that.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (25th September 2020), MB (24th September 2020)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are 100% right TJ, myself or anyone else can't go putting the names of people or business names up for all to see accusing them of whatever the case may be without being absolutely certain of the facts concerning the issue at hand. I had/have no intention of naming names on this forum or anywhere else publicly. This guy is a serial pest though, as i said in a previous post he stopped communicating when i said to him about it not being out of a patrol and was more than likely from another country. Well in the past couple of days he has been sending me quite a few messages through gumtree and has made more than a few phone calls to me (to the point i have blocked the numbers he has been calling from) trying to get me to send the $350 to him. He will give up if i keep ignoring him
    Thanks to everyone for your replies and/or help and suggestions.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well found Plassy.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123