Thread: Murchison House Station-Dirk Hartog Island

Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Murchison House Station-Dirk Hartog Island

The Missus and I recently had a quick trip from Perth to Dirk Hartog island and back and I thought I'd throw a few pics up.

On the way up we decided to camp at an old favourite, "Murchison House Station" this is situated about 15km from Kalbarri, and around 6 hours drive from Perth. The property is a working Goat station on the banks of the Murchison river and is 350,000 acres of camping bliss. We spent two nights here, which gave us a chance to break the drive up and have a bit of a bush break with a campfire. We didn't explore much around the station this time as we've been here previously. Though the wild flowers were out in abundance, this is the best time of the year to go camping in WA I think.

20200822_224034279_iOS (Medium).jpg

One of the many views that can be found while exploring the station: This one overlooks the Murchison River.

20200823_054310305_iOS (Medium).jpg

Old man emu had a couple of chicks in tow, buggers are hiding in this pic though.

MHS EMU (Medium).jpg

This is an unusual thing to see, pink sand!

MHS Pink Sand (Medium).jpg

The property really has some stunning locations and a variety of terrain and views.

MHS Rocks (Medium).jpg

While we were in this neck of the woods we ducked down to the Kalbarri NP to check out the new skywalk they have built. I think they've done an awesome job of it and it blends in with the surroundings very well. There are two bridges they have built jutting out from the gorge face.

skywalk (Medium).jpg

skywalk2 (Medium).jpg

Another old favourite and very popular spot is nearby, this one is called Nature's window.

Rock window (Medium).jpg

The next stop on the agenda was a night at Steep Point ready for an early morning departure on the barge. I'll continue the trip report in the next post.
    2016 GU Legend Edition: 3505Kg GVM Upgrade and Stuff!

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to stevemc181 For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (12th September 2020), Cuppa (11th September 2020), jack (11th September 2020), MB (11th September 2020), mudnut (12th September 2020), mudski (11th September 2020), pearcey (11th September 2020), Plasnart (11th September 2020), Touses (11th September 2020)