Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hybrid Tyres.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    hi all this is my hoist. Works a treat, if anyone is interested shot me a PM.
    Dont have the heart to throw it out. Id have it on my roof rack today but it wont fit under the carport
    Folds flat to travel, Ive rated it to only 50kg ,save ppl trying to lift a 44 gallon drum, I might lift it
    but you wont be trying it on my Patrol lol lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

mudnut (16th September 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard52 View Post
    Hi Cuppa
    The Bridgestone tyres made in Japan are only available at Bridgestone Stores so other retailers have tyres made in another country.
    I have had 3 sets of Japanese Bridgestones and get 100k a set including current 697's at 99k after doing Gunbarrel, Mitchell Falls and rest of Gibb but definitely need replacing after October trip to Fraser. I also found rear left tyre wore much quicker than the rest on gravel.
    When you eventually get down this way, call in and will show you around Fraser. There were plenty of fish late August but weed has come in now so more social drinking than fishing planned for October.
    Hiya Wiz @Wizard52
    I had heard similar about Japanese made Bridgestones only being available to Bridgestone dealers, but found all of my Bridgestones were made in Japan, including the 4 I bought last year in Broome, which definitely did not come from a Bridgestone dealer. The place I bought them from managed to get them freighted in from somewhere in Australia, and sold them to me at not only a lower price than the Broome Bridgestone dealer, but also $15 per tyte less than I had paid down south 5 or so years earlier!

For me with our weight 100k is a dream. Got 60k out of the first six with regular 10k rotations The newer ones have worn quicker, but have had a pretty hard life. Now on the Tvan. I doubt they'll see 60k though. Looking forward to Fraser with you some day.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Hiya Wiz @Wizard52
    I had heard similar about Japanese made Bridgestones only being available to Bridgestone dealers, but found all of my Bridgestones were made in Japan, including the 4 I bought last year in Broome, which definitely did not come from a Bridgestone dealer. The place I bought them from managed to get them freighted in from somewhere in Australia, and sold them to me at not only a lower price than the Broome Bridgestone dealer, but also $15 per tyte less than I had paid down south 5 or so years earlier!

For me with our weight 100k is a dream. Got 60k out of the first six with regular 10k rotations The newer ones have worn quicker, but have had a pretty hard life. Now on the Tvan. I doubt they'll see 60k though. Looking forward to Fraser with you some day.
    Good price no doubt. The local Bridgestone dealer told me that they were only ones to have the jap tyres but I won't be going back to him as he stitched me up on last set of tyres.
    Was going KO2s but will look further in October.
    At the end of the day, all you have is yourself and all you need is your friends (and in our case our Patrol)
    2006 GUI1 4.2TDi Coil Cab "almost" standard

Thanks
    Thanked 11,244 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A top work mate scored what appears to be the last set of all Nitto’s left within our little outer lockdown region today.
    He was trying for the:

Scored the:

Reckon they’ll suit his twin cab Navara just fine as his employment needs are some 90% highway / 5% gravel / 5% greasy jobsites versus my newish fanboy work Trail Grappler M/T’s slightly overkill 80/10/10% sludgey jobsite needs :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you should replace your worn out spares, the newer hybrids are better in so many ways. they are a bit expensive but it is worth every penny

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345