Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sub fuel tank light issues

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sub tank lights Huh, I thought I was going mad. Our subtank light sometimes comes on when we are fully fuelled and going round corners. And when you use the spotties, the main fuel gauge drops fairly dramatically. But once you turn the car off and turn all back on minus the spotties, Fuel gauge reads correct. I have learnt to live with it, but will tell hubby about the previous post of cleaning the earth wire thou. We seem to think whoever wired in the spotties may have picked the wire for the fuel gauge and they take the power when we use spotties which is not often. cheers rellbell

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooka View Post
    hi again, anyone know the tricks to the sub? my light is on on the dash but it wont transfer fuel. I can hear it transfering when i turn the ignition on and off for about 5 secs. it would be great if someone could help me out, i would like to go south soon, but very limited with one tank. Ive only had the car for about 3mths. I bought the 4500 litre. was it at vise choice? love the car though.
    Hey Mooka, The song goes "Love the one your with" It must have been the right car if you bought it. cheers Rellbell

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sub tank on my old 2.8 AND my new 3 liter works easily if you use 1/4 of your main tank, or even half, then turn on the sub tank and TRANSFER fuel to the main tank, when FULL, it will automatically turn it'self off.
    I use the sub tank in this way until it's empty, usually around 280 to 300 K's per tank, then stay on the main.
    Takes a bit of getting used to, but once used to it, no worries.
    The manual also states that on turning on the engine, the sub tank tranfers fuel for a few seconds, (guess that's to check the system) for that reason, it pays to ALWAYS have fuel in the sub tank to prevent the pump from running dry.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapson View Post
    I press the Sub Fuel button and get nothing, with a full tank. Not sure if it is the button or not but I should start there.

Any pointers on where to start looking for a fix? Have just bought the vehicle and have just started digging around for manuals etc and all are pretty vauge in this area.

Thanks in advance.
    main tank needs to be atleast a 1/4 empty for the sub tank to transfer fuel and light to come on
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also having a run-around with the sub-light on and the transfer not functioning, despite all the clever tricks of disconnecting the battery. I'm at the point where I need to test the pump by hard wiring it into the battery but short of doing the wiring at the tank, where can I easily access the circuit to do this?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine has been running a muck to the sub tank is easy to hard wire if needed i just disconnected the sub tank control module behind the heater and ran a wire through a switch to the green and black wire that runs to the sub tank module and it will work fine just wont turn off automatically pretty sure its pin #1 by memory.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chappa For This Useful Post:

Conradk (21st November 2012), Maxhead (21st November 2012)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chappa. In the mean time I decided to have another bash but instead of disconnecting the battery for a few minutes I left it off for about 2 hours. Guess what, pure magic and the sub pump works perfectly. I can just hear the chorus saying "told you so; leave the power off until the system completely de-energizes". Having said that, were it not for this forum I would have never figured the promlem. Thanks guys.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there!

Just for interests sake: The system will not work if a fault is detected anywhere...I had one the other day that did'nt
    want to pump over to the main..removed the sender on the sub tank and found that the float had come apart due to
    our corrugated roads in Namibia. It cost a bit of fiddling to reassemble and crimping on the flloat arm to get it working again...

Hope this might help somebody someday...(If I remember correctly,we cut a flap into the carpet for easy access....)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having issues with my sub tank and I believe the person who owned the car before me put in a long range tank. How would I go about finding the issue?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,317 Times in 4,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eben View Post
    I am having issues with my sub tank and I believe the person who owned the car before me put in a long range tank. How would I go about finding the issue?
    G'day Eben, what issues are you having mate? Might pay to elaborate a little more for the crew here to help you out hopefully. Only issue I've ever experienced in a GU is dust impacted in the stock dashboard switch!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast