Thread: Sub fuel tank light issues

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you saying that if the sub tank pump is operating when you key off and switch to turbo timer that the pump cuts out? If you are then this is normal. Turbo timers are usually wired so all they do is keep the engine running, everything else goes off with the key. It can probably be wired differently but you would need to talk to an auto sparky about it.

Tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When iv'e been cruising around or on a trip and feel the need to use the turbo timer, i set it on 1,2,or5 minutes to cool down. I turn off the ignition & remove keys. Patrol idles away for the set time then shuts down. Upon restarting patto patrol the sub tank pump indicator light is showing on the dash and when i push sub tank start push in button,it does not work. I have to isolate then deisolate the battery to get it to reset itself. All is honky dori till i use the turbo timer again. This happens when useing the main tank or the sub tank. Your right about getting a sparky to rewire it Tony, hopefully it can be done. Thanks for helping mate, cheers.

Frank in the Flinders.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was reading thread in th hope of getting an answer to the sub tank problem but it seems to have left unresolved!
    I to have the "sub tank" light on and yes the button does not work. it has been this way for 2years. I asked Nissan to fix it at my last (and I do mean last) service, they said " we do not know where the problem is"!
    I have visited several forems regarding this issue and removed battery leads, added earth straps all with no fix.
    has there been any new ideas come up lately?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume you mean when the main tank isn't full? The sub tank button will only work once the main is down to around 3/4 full and it will also turn off before the main becomes completely full. So just to clarify, you are trying when the main is half empty aren't you?

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Getabout View Post
    I was reading thread in th hope of getting an answer to the sub tank problem but it seems to have left unresolved!
    I to have the "sub tank" light on and yes the button does not work. it has been this way for 2years. I asked Nissan to fix it at my last (and I do mean last) service, they said " we do not know where the problem is"!
    I have visited several forems regarding this issue and removed battery leads, added earth straps all with no fix.
    has there been any new ideas come up lately?
    Silly question (a speciallity of mine) but has anyone checked to make sure the switch is properly pluged in?

Tony

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sub tank

hi again, anyone know the tricks to the sub? my light is on on the dash but it wont transfer fuel. I can hear it transfering when i turn the ignition on and off for about 5 secs. it would be great if someone could help me out, i would like to go south soon, but very limited with one tank. Ive only had the car for about 3mths. I bought the 4500 litre. was it at vise choice? love the car though.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, i have the same trouble with my 2000 model GU. Had the problem when i bought it 3mths ago. Been asking around but no one knew what to do. Finally a mate put me onto this site, said it was a great place to meet people and you guys may be able to help me out. I 'll try to fix it on my days off. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    could be the switch itself i swaped my mine for a simple on off switch and works a treat other one worked than stopped sounds similar to yours mate. but mine is gu ute diesel 4.2

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    F Y I ...re the sub tank , if you undo both fuel caps you can see the fuel being pumped into the main tank from the sub tank from near the opening .....interesting ...i thought it was pumped straight into the main through the guts ....anyhow this is one way to see if fuel is going in, if you dont have any warning light issues that is ....!!!!!!!

Anyway keep plugging away guys and try the suggested fix ups on this thread , i having failed, ended up taking it to nissan when i got it serviced and they just reset the computer changed a few fuses and all good now ...........

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mooka...... did you sort hte problem out?? My GU diesel had a similar problem from new, turned out the sender unit was installed in the wrong position and the float was hitting the side of the tank making the brain box think the tank was empty, so it wouldn't allow the pump to start.

Cheers

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fitzy144 For This Useful Post:

YNOT (27th August 2011)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast