Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sub fuel tank light issues

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Sub fuel tank light issues

Here we go again , now i have the light come on all of a sudden and i cant access the fuel , i tried to battery disconnect but that didnt last long it came back on . i ll do the battery earth lead and see if that is connected properly hopefully that works , if not ill try the one andy said about something behind the air con under dash somewhere ...see how i go

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah try that Peter if no success come back and let us know.

I'm sure between us all we can come up with other trial and error suggestions.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate its just standard all the way , i looked at the fuses under the dash and under the bonnet , im guessing if they're not black or broken through the middle they should be ok ...its not an urgent fix right now i may wait till the next service and get them to do it , i cant really tell whats going on in there...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sub tank light issues for me were solved when I made a new earth point on the chassis and fitted a new earth strap. Give it a whirl.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate....
    Currently having the same issue with my old mans 4.8 gu. We took it into Nissan and they had it for a day and said they would just put a new earth to the tank. Well that worked for a few hours and cost 180$.

They now currently have the patrol and have had since Monday and are now saying it is a power feed to the pump which is causing the problem. They said they will still need it tomorrow to fix it. They spent all of today finding the problem so hopefully they will sort it all out.

I know it may be a costly thing but you may have to take it to Nissan. If I can get them to tell me the exact problem I'll post it up.
    P-Plate PatrollerCheck it out here.....http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...?169-Matt-s-GQ

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for feedback ....keep us posted !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have a crack at it on the weekend , might run it past the workshop at the council {garbo}, couple of diesel mechanics in there ....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FIXED IT . FYI , I disconnected the battery , followed the earth cable which is the negative one down to the side of the battery housing unsrcewed the nut , took off the lead from the body gave it a good clean, as it was greasy and black also gave it a light sand, put everything back together again { no parts left over lol }turned her over and with my eye on the subtank light .......it went off !!!!!!!!!!!!..yessssssssss...pressed the sub tank button and drained all the fuel across ....so far so good ...about time i could fix something for free........also i didn't have to key in any pin for the radio which was good cos i didn't have one...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pete's GU3 For This Useful Post:

357FAT (15th July 2012), ahimz (17th October 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well done mate, mustve just built up some grit or something.

Good stuff!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peter papoutsidis View Post
    FIXED IT . FYI , I disconnected the battery , followed the earth cable which is the negative one down to the side of the battery housing unsrcewed the nut , took off the lead from the body gave it a good clean, as it was greasy and black also gave it a light sand, put everything back together again { no parts left over lol }turned her over and with my eye on the subtank light .......it went off !!!!!!!!!!!!..yessssssssss...pressed the sub tank button and drained all the fuel across ....so far so good ...about time i could fix something for free........also i didn't have to key in any pin for the radio which was good cos i didn't have one...
    Top stuff well done mate.... Do you have that code now? if not ring Nissan with you VIN No thay will give to you over the phone (at least thay did for me a few times now)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast