Thread: Great site - 1990 GQ owner

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great site - 1990 GQ owner

Good evening everyone. Just thought I’d re-introduce myself and my car. I’ve got my dads 1990 GQ TD4.2 Patrol, and for years it was stock while my kids were growing up. Towed horse floats with it, some light driving around some tame tracks in the Vic High Country. Since the kids have grown up (and it’s all mine again ), I’ve put a 2” lift in, Safari turbo and Safari front mount intercooler, Kaymar rear bar, winch, steel bull bar, side rails and steps, running 33” all terrains. Also got a roof rack, rear drawers, drop down table, front and rear diff lockers and a 3 gauge pillar pod, billet water pump and capillary temperature gauge (my quest to solve the overheating problems when towing).

Mind you, it’s taken me 10 years to do all this, and the majority of improvements I’ve picked up second hand when I could. I absolutely love my car, it’s a standing joke that it’s my fourth and favourite child with my kids. Mind you, they have all indicated they want it when I’m gone. It’s a true family heirloom, and will have been in three generations of my family when the kids get it.

My question is, has anyone been able to change the wiper stork from a straight non adjustable intermittent stork, to a variable speed intermittent stork? If so, can I get some pointers or be pointed in the direction of a thread?

Thanks and cheers.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ranwood For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (22nd August 2020), MB (22nd August 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from memory, the plugs are different, because of the intermittent, cannot remember that far back (10yrs) if it is 1 or 2 wires extra

I remember thinking about it, and taking the stalk off and looking - but have no memory of actually doing it - sorry

BTW welcome to the forum
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigcol For This Useful Post:

MB (23rd August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back to the forum mate
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".