OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: What AGM batteries are people using or recommend ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What AGM batteries are people using or recommend ?

I thought that when I was ready I would buy some kings batteries from the 4wdsupercentre but I have been told to stay away from them and got recommended to use the KickAss AGMs instead what are peoples experiences or thoughts ? I am looking for 2x AGMs at a min 98 amps each.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought 4 of these from AntEnergy, 135a/h. I run 3 in the back of mine and the 4th went to my brother. They do the job and have a cranking capability at 1000cca as well, so will stand up to the deep cycle and the winch when required. My only regret however is the combined weight. When they eventually die i will go lithium for sure. Lithoium batteries were still very highly priced and rstricted on sizes avail when I went this path. i am sure these are a generic AGM from a chinese manufacturer, which is fine as the quality of build is good.
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/351445755370

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 3 x 120ah Ritah DC120’s in our car. They are now in their 9th year & still working well, & that after the past 3 years full time travelling with them in use daily. Previous vehicle we had Fullriver DC series batteries 2x90ah & 2x150Ah which were sold with the vehicle at 10 years old & still in use at 12 years old. These 2 brands are about as good as you can buy. Plenty cheaper with own branding, some quite well thought of. Buy the best your budget allows & look after them well. ie. with a quality charger/solar reg, & never take them down below 50% capacity & they’ll serve you for a long time. If budget doesn’t allow for a quality charger/reg, & necessity results in the batteries being regularly discharged below 50% & worse, not being recharged very soon after, then buy cheap batteries. They won’t last long, but more expensive ones wouldn’t either.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super depends on your power usage and off-road requirements as far as I nuffy electrically understand FP Mate!
    Personally chose Optima spiral/coil batteries for playtime many years ago for their amazingly quick recharge potential after say winching workouts and also their lesser amount (by design) of potential internal connection breakages.
    Odyssey in the great days gone I believe made a standard plate design with top and bottoms encased in vibration proof resins.
    FWIW: I’ve just installed in January 3 x Kingy AGM’s in our work trailer and they’re still going strong running 660W of solar & a near 300L fridge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Power AGM. Good quality and price. I have one 130ah which is 4yrs old and going strong, just bought 4x 150ah slim ones for my offgrid solar.

Don't buy a 170ah cheapie off ebay that weighs 29kg for $300. It will be a mislabeled 110ah at most.

An agm's longevity largely depends on how well it is maintained and the depth of discharge during cycles. The lower the depth of discharge, the longer they will last. I aim to keep mine above 12.5v

12-v-Battery-State-Of-Charge-website.jpg
    Last edited by pollenface; 11th August 2020 at 09:17 PM.
    2008 CRD Auto Wagon
    Factory snorkel, flashlube catchcan pro, 3" manta exhaust, hpd boost controller, dyno-tuned & egr deleted

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pollenface For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (13th August 2020), MB (12th August 2020), Yeti's Beast (14th August 2020)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had good luck with Giant Power AGM.