OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange Engine Cutout when on freeway??

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I cleaned the MAF sensor - have only driven it twice since then and I'm not sure if I am imagining it or not but it seems to be more responsive when accelerating (noting that I am only driving within 5 km of home at this stage due to lockdown in Melbourne!!!

I also have a new intercooler on order from ARE (thanks for the heads up Pollenface) that will get sent down to me next week once they are back from holidays......looking forward to getting it fitted to see if it sorts things out!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the ARE Intercooler. Mine has been excellent, but I have only tried the one, and there are bigger and better.... I just kept away from the Cheap Chinese Ebay ones, as from my research, some of the alloy used for the end tanks was of a very poor quality.

Mine still looks factory, with a tiny modification to the Engine Cover.

Have you tried bumping the Chip back a notch or two ..... I was looking at these chips back in the day when they were available and I remember others noting that if they pushed the chip tune too hard that they noticed similar engine shutdowns
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to happygu For This Useful Post:

Big Gags (14th August 2020)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,285 Times in 6,437 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Get a scoop like this. As I said the OEM scoop is next to useless. I saw lower EGTs once this was fitted. It catches a heap more air than the waste of space OEM unit.
    nads 007 (Medium).jpg
    Last edited by mudski; 14th August 2020 at 05:05 PM.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygu View Post
    I second the ARE Intercooler. Mine has been excellent, but I have only tried the one, and there are bigger and better.... I just kept away from the Cheap Chinese Ebay ones, as from my research, some of the alloy used for the end tanks was of a very poor quality.

Mine still looks factory, with a tiny modification to the Engine Cover.

Have you tried bumping the Chip back a notch or two ..... I was looking at these chips back in the day when they were available and I remember others noting that if they pushed the chip tune too hard that they noticed similar engine shutdowns
    I did that too - knocked it back to 5 again on the chip.....guess the real test will be once lockdown is over and I'm allowed to tow the boat again!!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Get a scoop like this. As I said the OEM scoop is next to useless. I saw lower EGTs once this was fitted. It catches a heap more air than the waste of space OEM unit.
    I'm considering one of these too but it might be down the track a bit - I was looking at the ARE Stealth Scoop for $588 but it apparently comes in matt black and so unless I want the GU to look a bit like an XY Falcon I will have to also factor in more cost to get it painted to match the silver paint!!

How much difference did you notice when you fitted the bigger scoop?

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,285 Times in 6,437 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gags View Post
    I'm considering one of these too but it might be down the track a bit - I was looking at the ARE Stealth Scoop for $588 but it apparently comes in matt black and so unless I want the GU to look a bit like an XY Falcon I will have to also factor in more cost to get it painted to match the silver paint!!

How much difference did you notice when you fitted the bigger scoop?
    EGT's dropped by 50c. Really noticed it when your screaming up a hill and the EGT's start to go up and then you hit the top and coast over they dropped really fast. Well worth it in my opinion. The scoop pictured was from A.R.E Cooling. Not sure if they still do them, that was quite a while ago, and no one else did them. I know you can buy them a lot cheaper these days though. As long as it fits the factory spot your good.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    The scoop pictured was from A.R.E Cooling. Not sure if they still do them, that was quite a while ago, and no one else did them. I know you can buy them a lot cheaper these days though. As long as it fits the factory spot your good.
    Yep they do here for $588.
    Another one here for $175

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Brissieboy For This Useful Post:

Mickhead (25th August 2020)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I got the new ARE Intercooler in, the MAF Sensor is clean, and I have wound the TuneIt chip back down to 5.......seems OK for the short bit of running around that I have done within 5 km of home but I guess time will tell when we are allowed to go fishing again and I get to hook the boat up!!! Thanks for the advice guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12