Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TB42 Welch Plugs

Hi All,
    I have the motor out and changing gaskets seals and all general maintenance items, I found the Welch Plug at the back of the head very corroded so I am going to replace all the plugs. I know that they are not all water galleries, some are oil and not generally going to rust so cant imagine that they will need changing. Can anyone tell me which are the plugs I should be changing or should I just do them all. Any advice greatly appreciated. Also I believe there are 3 behind the inspection plate below the inlet manifold, do they require changing as well.
    Last edited by MickMc; 22nd July 2020 at 07:55 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mick, make sure you go brass welch plugs and if the TB42 is like my 4.5 petrol there's 3 plugs I think against the fire wall 2 of them you have to take flywheel off .... have fun regards Alex
    97 GU Ti 4.5 on lpg , uhf icom Pro400, Garmin GPS Maps, HD-Lukas Dash Cam with gps tracking. Snorkel , I-Max 12000lb Winch , Twin rear light bracket on wheel carrier for light & uhf antenna,Draws unit, Electric Cargo barrier, HID headlights kit, LED Light Bar, 2 inch lift with HD King springs and Monroe Gas Magnum TDT 4WD Shock Absorbers, BS Dueler 697 Lt 285/75R-16 .