Thread: Check out my new flares and mud flaps

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats looking great I reckon and I would think it satisfies the requirement, at least from my understanding of a radius edge.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did similar with my garden edge flares when i found out about issues with them possibly cutting pedestrians etc (like if you got hit by a Patrols flares that would be the worst issue you’d have hahaha).
    I ended up just going over all the flares edges with a little Hot Devil blow torch and smoothing them flat with my finger and some water (to cool my finger lmao). Next time I’ll probably just use a smooth file.
    I’ve rubbed my hand fast back and forth into each flare and there is no way they’ll cut anyone or anything.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Survivalists For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (26th July 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Thats looking great I reckon and I would think it satisfies the requirement, at least from my understanding of a radius edge.
    Bloody coppers they are so annul in QLD, I was at a border stop today in NSW and he said if he wasn't border stopping he would fine me and became a smart ass and called his mates over saying look at this shit, you would think that he was the engineer they way he was carrying on, so even if the engineer did pass my flares the copper would fine me because he knew better then the engineer,he completely dismissed what I was trying to do he complained about the wheel poking out from the back then bitched about my attempt to cover over the front wheel, you are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't, I sware he hates 4x4 drivers and will find anything to pick on, well it is not worth dealing with idiots like him and failing my engineering check so I will be ripping off all my hard work and money and go buy the so called proper and more expensive rubber flares, now I have to pay more money to get them because everyone seems to be out of stock.
    Last edited by First Pooy; 26th July 2020 at 09:36 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to First Pooy For This Useful Post:

mudnut (26th July 2020), PeeBee (27th July 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about this explosion of a micro bubble in all reality. I don't know about the 'engineering' aspects in NSW/QLD, but if a MOD is assessed and passed by a Vic VASS engineer, the police can't challenge it. If the MOD is signed off by an 'engineer' not a VASS engineer, the police can challenge it. Anyway you did you best and it looked good. I actually thought you were going to do the rears as well as the tyres were clearly projecting past the factory flare? I guess its either kut Snake or the range of rubber flexi flares?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you're going to go with the rubber flares and can't find stock then try roadrunner offroad here in Vic. They are good quality, great price and they'll ship them up to you (virus free).

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (27th July 2020), Rossco (27th July 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Sorry to hear about this explosion of a micro bubble in all reality. I don't know about the 'engineering' aspects in NSW/QLD, but if a MOD is assessed and passed by a Vic VASS engineer, the police can't challenge it. If the MOD is signed off by an 'engineer' not a VASS engineer, the police can challenge it. Anyway you did you best and it looked good. I actually thought you were going to do the rears as well as the tyres were clearly projecting past the factory flare? I guess its either kut Snake or the range of rubber flexi flares?
    I was only going to do the rest once I knew that it would pass engineering other wise it would be a wast off time and I had a feeling it wasn't going to pass such tight wodes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to First Pooy For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (27th July 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok a continuation of the flares saga,this is what I accomplished today there's still work to be done like getting new longer wire I had to use the old one for now, I am not sure how to finish the front of the flare yet because before it was just plastic which I could cut down and shape.
    20200822_171030.jpg20200822_170945.jpg20200822_170927.jpg
    Last edited by First Pooy; 22nd August 2020 at 06:24 PM.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to First Pooy For This Useful Post:

10G (23rd August 2020), MB (22nd August 2020), mudnut (23rd August 2020), PeeBee (22nd August 2020)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good mate, good work.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finaily the finished product with custom bracketing and a holding chain,it is a better finish and sits striaght, man talking about changing the design over and over again until both me and the cops are happy.20200905_171835.jpg20200905_171817.jpg

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to First Pooy For This Useful Post:

10G (6th September 2020), Bidja (6th September 2020), Cremulator (8th September 2020), MB (5th September 2020), mudnut (5th September 2020), PeeBee (5th September 2020), Rossco (5th September 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks really good I reckon, great job

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast