Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Check out my new flares and mud flaps

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is nice, I am in the middle of fitting Kut Snake flares and need to sort out some mud flaps....

What do the chains connect to on the vehicle end?
    Greg Pointing
    Conservation, Rehabilitation & Education
    1989 GQ Patrol Wagon, TB42 Auto - Now with 2" of added lift...
    1991 Mazda MX5 - Coilovers, Exhaust, Intake, NB brakes & seats.
    2012 Mitsubishi Triton 4x4 Dual cab TDI - The Mrs truck....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does look like a nice neat job you ended up with. How did you mold the outer curve?

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PureCaboose View Post
    That is nice, I am in the middle of fitting Kut Snake flares and need to sort out some mud flaps....

What do the chains connect to on the vehicle end?
    I have rock sliders on my Patrol but I think there also was a hole in the lip from the old mud flaps or something, it is easy enough to drill a hole to put your chain on, oh yes and there is all so now I am thinking of it big hole in the vehicle under bracing you can use sorry it is a very late response.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Does look like a nice neat job you ended up with. How did you mold the outer curve?
    Sorry about the late response I changed phones and didn't get around to putting the forum on to get notifications, I went to Bunnings and got similar size wire to the old stuff and threaded it through and it gives you a nice curve or what ever shape you want, in hind sight I would of preferred a stiffer wire through the flare but so far it is going alright and it isn't hard to put back in to shape,oh one trick is put silicone spray on the wire and it slides in nicely.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to First Pooy For This Useful Post:

MB (7th March 2021)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234