Thread: Fitting red back exhaust. Dump pipe issues

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fitting red back exhaust. Dump pipe issues

Hi all. Finally after a few hours have the old system off without too many dramas. Ready to install the new red back system and having trouble getting the dump pipe in. The dump is the same length as the original plus another foot or so after a right angle. Can’t get it in. Getting caught on the “Torsion” bar that connects the two front “trailing arms”no matter what I try. Can someone advise how to remove this bar? Or another trick to allow me to get the first section of the exhaust in?
    Sorry I’m in a bit of a jam and haven’t really done much with suspension.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gavcan01 View Post
    Hi all. Finally after a few hours have the old system off without too many dramas. Ready to install the new red back system and having trouble getting the dump pipe in. The dump is the same length as the original plus another foot or so after a right angle. Can’t get it in. Getting caught on the “Torsion” bar that connects the two front “trailing arms”no matter what I try. Can someone advise how to remove this bar? Or another trick to allow me to get the first section of the exhaust in?
    Sorry I’m in a bit of a jam and haven’t really done much with suspension.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers
    What patrol have you got mate? I don't know much about it either but I think you're talking about the front sway bar. If you are, it all unbolts pretty easily from memory. The two clamps in the middle section and then the two top nuts behind each wheel.
    2003 GU TD42 with a few extra ponies

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah thanks I just re read my post was in a time of panic! I have a 2011 wagon 3l. I did end up undoing the 4 bolts which fasten the bar to the trailing arms and undoing one on the exhaust side up the top to let it swing down. Got it in no dramas.
    Thanks for your reply it would have helped me for sure. I just get a bit iffy around suspension stuff uno things spring in out and not getting them back in but all good on this occasion
    Thanks
    Gav

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gavcan01 For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (19th July 2020), pollenface (8th August 2020)