User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best tyres: 99% commuting, occasional beach/offroad

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit of a different brand but iv been running sailun terramax (yes they’re Chinese). Probably won’t use them again as I’m after something a bit more aggressive but iv done 60k and still around 35% tread. Rotated every 10000, no punctures at all. No slips in the wet and have been very reasonable off road. At $130 a tyre I’m not complaining!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2006 4.2 tdi wagon
    TJM BullBar and bar work, Light bar & spotlights, Airtech snorkel, tradie rack, blocked egr, 2inch lift on 33s and a 3 inch exhaust to go with it all.
    Plenty more to come!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Upon reflection, these great Nitto’s look and feel exactly the same as they were when new bought upon leaving our N/E Victorian healthy farm many months ago :-(

Totally agree about the Nittos, I've done 60,000 on a set, expect another 5000kms at least.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

MB (19th July 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,235 Times in 4,951 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are goodens 10G mate!
    Not so sure they’d excell in the serious mud crud due to their circumference sidewalls mold line hindering release and their hardness I haven’t had the opportunity as yet to sub 20psi their flexinessy :-)
    Do honourably rate them so far as the best highway / M/T bang for buck I’ve known in a short 20 say years :-)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So both dualers and BFG are out of stock australia wide apparently.
    Ive been told the yokohama geolandar at go15 are good for my mostly road and occasional beach/dirt driving...thoughts?

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Millsy View Post
    So both dualers and BFG are out of stock australia wide apparently.
    Ive been told the yokohama geolandar at go15 are good for my mostly road and occasional beach/dirt driving...thoughts?
    I've not seen Yokohama's used on any 4WD since I got into the scene in the late 80's. They used to be known as pretty soft tyres and not too puncture resistant, but that's from quite a while ago.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To be honest mate i would be chasing a second set of tyres. You will find someone selling their road tyres cheap because they want to go muddies. Grab them cheap. you will probably get a full set on rims at a good price. Ex factory. Grab a second hand set of muddies on steelies or something and leave them in the shed and they will last you 10 years mate. If you have the room to store them then you can swap them over in an hour and then play hard without compromise then put the hwy tyres on for your commute without the noise of a Muddie or even an AT.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Lionel84 (16th August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Funny you mention that, Darren. I have a set of 31" HT tyres lying about in my shed. I am quite happy to give them to anybody who wants them. Three are in really good nick and have good tread, one has the same but has had a puncture repair, and the spare is a different brand, but still has good tread. The only issue with them is that they have been sitting around for a few years.
    Last edited by mudnut; 14th August 2020 at 11:32 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a set of old BFG A/T (KO 1's I think they were). Not too bad, and ran them out. A bit of a pig on the road, and offroad were fine, but lacking due to degraded tread.

Got a set of BFG A/T KO 2's. Amazing softer feel on the road, very stable, grippy and comfortable.

Took them up the Old Telegraph Track to the tip with no issues. Good grip on the sidewalls too, but didn't fare well in deep mud, after wankers in big lift utes with muddies chewed it all up, instead of driving over sensibly, and buggered the track up.
    2007 Nissan Patrol Y61 Wagon AT 2009 ZD30CRD Engine
    Snorkel, Tillex, HPD Intercooler, 3" King Brown Exhaust, 2" Bilstein Lift, Steel Bar and 12000lb Winch, Engine Bay Lighting

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it’s worth I run Kumho MT 51s & swear by em , you have to rotate regularly otherwise they wear unevenly but their grip off rd is unreal.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had no problems with a set of Coopers AT3's ... did 80,000kms and the car died before the tyres did.
    2008 CRD Auto Wagon
    Factory snorkel, flashlube catchcan pro, 3" manta exhaust, hpd boost controller, dyno-tuned & egr deleted

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123