OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: AM/FM Sony radio single din install.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AM/FM Sony radio single din install.

Hi all, it's my first job on my new project, I installed a Sony radio in my DX Y61 tray, and found it pretty straight forward. I soldered all joins, used heat shrink and taped up cables with black cloth tape. While I had the centre console off, I used my compressor to blow out any dust in the dash. I also removed the door panels and fitted new speakers, also an easy job. Whilst I had the door panels removed I installed new plastic sheet over the door skin for water protection. I then painted the inner door panels with clear resin to seal the door card itself. I thought about installing a double din radio with touch screen, however with the limited storage in the cab, I could certainly use the extra din space for sunglasses etc. I will install a UHF at some later stage, possibly overhead, but the cost of those overhead consoles are very expensive, perhaps I can make something if others can suggest ideas. The sound from my new radio is quite good, although I will consider installing sound deadening later on when the weather picks up, it's bloody freezing now as everyone in Victoria knows. Cheers for now, Frank

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Crusty65 For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (10th July 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Frank,

As my dash is a little congestive and My UHF is more a 3rd Concern radio . . . and like you I can really afford or justify the cost for a full size roof consoles . . . I went for a Remote Speaker Mic option UHF Radio.

20200710_191435.jpg

The Main unit, even though very compact . . . is located on the back cabin wall and has a external speaker
    Last edited by Grant209; 10th July 2020 at 07:01 PM.
    Grant

Penrith Region
    Sydney NSW.