Thread: Covid-19

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    No one has a manual to follow for this. When was the last pandemic that hit Australia, AFAIK it was AIDS. But the victims of that pandemic could be identified, it was a few particular demographics. This pandemic affects everyone.

There is no guide to follow, there is no past experience to look back on. What is the most precious resource? Life is. What's the greatest service a Government can offer? Protection to the people it governs.

I don't understand how anyone can be said to be doing a rotten job, or doing the wrong thing, when it's never been done before and there is no precedent, no instruction to follow.

What the worst outcome any of us could suffer from this pandemic? You or someone you care about losses their life. If that doesn't happen then you're winning the battle, everything after that can be rebuilt, rebought, relearnt, re everything.
    Could not have put it better myself mate.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I know is there is no way I would want to be a politician at the best of times let alone now, work your guts out cop it from all angles . . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (14th October 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was amazed to read that when the Spanish flu occurred in 1918, influenza hasn't been identified and wasn't until the early 1930s. A human influenza virus was not isolated until 1933.

In 1918, as scientists had not yet discovered flu viruses, there were no laboratory tests to detect, or characterize these viruses. There were no vaccines to help prevent flu infection, no antiviral drugs to treat flu illness, and no antibiotics to treat secondary bacterial infections that can be associated with flu infections.

Bill Gates warned that the world wasn't prepared for the next outbreak back in 2015.
    https://www.ted.com/talks/bill_gates...e_re_not_ready
    Governments didn't take notice then and now they are having to fly by the seat of their pants.

I gotta say that I'm pleased that now we are not seeing 500+ infections per day in Vic that we saw early August.
    We're heading in the right direction, but from what we're seeing in other countries, with little control measures in place, it could easily go the other way.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cremulator For This Useful Post:

Rossco (14th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here is something on a chipier note. I got a giggle.

I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Avo (16th October 2020), Cremulator (16th October 2020), jay see (15th October 2020), MB (15th October 2020), mudnut (1st January 2021), mudski (15th October 2020), Plasnart (15th October 2020), Touses (16th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,701 Times in 1,997 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post

Nice

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

Avo (16th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,215 Times in 4,942 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very Clever Rusty, made my week Mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 6,418 Posts
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post

Brilliant!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,215 Times in 4,942 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unbelievable but true, the Victorian government has last night given all residents only several hours notice to cross back over the Murray River or face 14 days home quarantine and only just over 24 hours to cross or face 14 days self paid hotel quarantine. Regardless of making the midnight deadline crossing last night before celebrating NYE countdown all Victorians still must get Covid tested and self isolate until negative results are returned.

Absolute mass hysteria witnessed with thousands upon thousands of holiday campers along the Murray River border (A Green Zone) fleeing NSW and causing themselves and others so much panicked highway danger!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Hodge (1st January 2021), rusty_nail (1st January 2021)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 753 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    son left canberra at 5am this morning, crossed into Vic without stopping, no queues he said.

I just booked 2 nights over near Port Mac in SA, that's in 3 days, hope we can still get into SA then.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Unbelievable but true, the Victorian government has last night given all residents only several hours notice to cross back over the Murray River or face 14 days home quarantine and only just over 24 hours to cross or face 14 days self paid hotel quarantine. Regardless of making the midnight deadline crossing last night before celebrating NYE countdown all Victorians still must get Covid tested and self isolate until negative results are returned.

Absolute mass hysteria witnessed with thousands upon thousands of holiday campers along the Murray River border (A Green Zone) fleeing NSW and causing themselves and others so much panicked highway danger!
    IMHO the hysteria is about the dickhead pollies, drop kick rules and inordinate costs and not the disease itself which is understandable with stupid rules like those above.

Scenario;
    Two Vic families are holidaying and they have similar close contacts, attend the same venues and do similar activities.
    Family One get back in prior to 23:59 31 Dec and self isolate, get tested and 2 days later are negative so are free to leave home isolation
    Family Two get back in prior to 23:59 01 Jan and self isolate, get tested and 2 days later are negative BUT must stay home isolated for a further 12 days

Now, I'm all for a managed isolation on return policy but what's the difference?
    Did the extra day after 31 Dec mean the 1 Jan 2021 Rona version can trick the test now?
    Why can someone who tests neg on 1 Jan mingle with population but another who test neg on 2 Jan cannot and has to remain isolated?
    Is it not equally likely that any member of either family may test neg but then "acquire" the Rona?
    If it isn't how is it that only members of family 2 can return a neg and get the Rona in the next 12 days but members of family 1 cannot?

No wonder everyone busts a gut to beat the 31/12/20 deadline, missing it will mean potentially losing thousands of dollars in income etc
    Last edited by the evil twin; 1st January 2021 at 01:35 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

MB (1st January 2021)

Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast