Thread: Covid-19

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Covid-19

Hows everyone coping with this Pandemic, Im in a 6 week lock down being in a hot spot and victoria.
    Starting to think this is getting very serious, the Spanish flu from 1919 claimed over 20 million lives.
    To everyone stay safe , heed social distancing, wash your hands etc.
    we'll get through this if everyone does the right thing, but some ppl are bulletproof and spoil it for everyone else.
    Plenty to watch on Netflix ha ha ha stay safe everyone
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

mudnut (8th July 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in WA/Perth and working in the Pibara, I have police clearance to travel to work and am lucky to be deemed to be offering an "essential service". We seemed to get on top of it as far as I know. I think trying to restart the economy in the south east was not the best idea at the time, I appreciate the western Australian government keeping the boarders shut. I feel for those many souls just trying to survive over east, particularly many of my extended family.
    2008 CRD Auto Wagon
    Factory snorkel, flashlube catchcan pro, 3" manta exhaust, hpd boost controller, dyno-tuned & egr deleted

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pollenface For This Useful Post:

threedogs (10th July 2020)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 6,418 Posts
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This pandemic has only made my work more busy. And the roads to and from work sooo quiet. That busy we've had record month after record month. No lock down for me. I have to be at work.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,701 Times in 1,997 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been put on job keeper as of the start of this week. Was a 4 day week (10 hour day) now 3 days and one annual leave to make up the same pay. They are only paying the difference between the $750 and what we would normally get for 3 days. I wouldn't call my work essential, but I can't do it from home.

What really pissed off everyone was that we were flat out pushing jobs out the last 3 months. Making record every month working ot all while they were pushing jobs forward, right into the week before end of financial year. Then it's sorry guys but work just isn't there at the moment.

Bullshit. The prick (CEO) has filled his pockets with he's eofy bonuses. Even now the 3 days are full he has just adjusted the numbers to suit 30 hours of work and he's getting 3 days of production for a tiny amount of wages.

Only plus is now it's a 4 day weekend.

Really I shouldn't be complaining, I've still got a job, getting the same $$$ and my wife is still working as normal.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

mudnut (10th July 2020), mudski (9th July 2020), threedogs (10th July 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,385 Times in 6,249 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We have been very lucky. Both my work and my wife's work has been crazy so my hours haven't been effected and wife is back working 5 days a week now.
    I truly feel for the people who have lost their jobs by no fault of their own.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

jack (9th July 2020), mudski (9th July 2020), Rossco (9th July 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sadly a lot of busines's wont survive this second lock down.
    Some are decades old family run busines's.
    It funny how the mega rich are so devastated sitting in
    their $4mil houses , my heart goes out to them.
    Pissed off all the money raised for the fires is still locked up
    greedy greedy greedy. You just need to watch the adds on tv
    where ppl have jumped on the band wagon and asking for donations.
    Think the rant is over.
    not much longer
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a Full-time Firefighter here in Sydney and run my Own Business as a Event Medic and First Aid Trainer.

Fire Brigade wise, because our Service is a Essential Service, we are restricted in working a 2nd Job, to the point that the Service can dictate to us to stop working a 2nd Job under a State of Emergency to ensure we are available for our primary job as a Firefighter. The Department instructed us to minimise contact with members of the Public in our Work Role and encouraged us to do so in our Social Life side.

We did hear COVID-19 had forced the temporary closure of 3 Stations for a couple days due to COVID-19 Scares. The Department would Stand Down all 4 Shifts (24 Staff over 4 shifts) while the stations underwent deep cleaning and the all clear was given.

Late March as COVID-19 hit, many of our Station's Call Rate to assist Ambulance Calls went up somewhat, with one Station in a COVID-19 hot area the Station went from 2 or 3 Assist Ambulance Calls a Month to about 9 Assist Ambulance Calls in a single shift. Many of our Station's were runing short of Medical PPE by mid April.

Funny how things go, with the initial out brake of COVID-19, most stations had an increase in their Call Rate, but as the Lock Down got into full swing with a lot of people working from home and minimal people on our roads . . . . by mid April most stations had seen a drop in Automatic Fire Alarm Calls, Grass and Bush Fire Calls and a Drop in Motor vehicle Crash Calls.

I was also lucky, late March I returned to my Base Station to cover Firefighters who would be on Annual Leave over April and May, my Base Station is quiet at the best of times and we have a Primary Appliance Manned 24/7, and a Light Tanker only Manned on High Fire Danger Days, and due to all our travel restrictions many Firefighters requested change of Annual Leave, so we had a Heap of Spear Firefighters around so our Light Tanker was manned each shift, and being the only Light Tanker Driver on Shift . . . . over a 8 week period I didn't Turn Out to a single Call.

I came off my last shift on the Morning of 8th June and started 5 Weeks Annual Leave, which by this time NSW Travel Restrictions started to ease, which allowed me to Travel up North to visit my 85 Year old Father for a week. since visiting my Father, I've been out 4WD'ing and Fishing with my Son a couple of times with him being on forced Annual Leave from his work, not from COVID-19 but the fact he hadn't taken Annual Leave for 2 years.

With my Event Medic and First Aid Trainer Business side of things . . . everything went dead, no Events, and training . . . . went from 2 to 4 training sessions a week to next to none through April and May, with revised training sessions starting late May where we started doing 1hr assessments only sessions with clients who still needed vital training done.

The upside, the free time as allowed me to finish the setup work I needed to get done on my Patrol, so apart from a rear step and making up a Roof Ladder . . . the Patrol Setup is where I'm happy with it.
    Last edited by Grant209; 12th July 2020 at 10:42 AM.
    Grant

Penrith Region
    Sydney NSW.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grant209 For This Useful Post:

mudnut (12th July 2020), MudRunnerTD (21st July 2020), PeeBee (12th July 2020), threedogs (22nd July 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,701 Times in 1,997 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1951...5493647748001/

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,943 Times in 3,161 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucky to be in SA, no Covid 19 community spread for over 2 months.
    I have certificates to allow me to travel anywhere for supporting emergency services but have no desire to travel over our eastern border.
    Stay safe Vic friends.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

mudnut (20th July 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,215 Times in 4,942 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Higher Yarra Valley C-Free Little Mountains myself although did depart for work some 3+ odd months ago into Rural NSW on requested/thankful gov contracts.
    Must say the mood has changed recently out on the highways, majority of Outback Dinkums look beyond the blue plates and do see fluro orange in cab, some are just spoilt cocky sons in green RB Sellars shirts with $100k+ shiny cruisers :-(
    Anyhows, I modified our plates to make them feel betterer about themselves:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

mudnut (20th July 2020), MudRunnerTD (21st July 2020), Touses (23rd July 2020), Winnie (20th July 2020)

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast