Thread: Covid-19

Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is totally Bananas ET Mate!
    My daughter and I arrived home at 11:30pm last night with only my licence and online permit being visually glanced at, never recorded crossing the river at Tocumwal prior to the first deadline.
    We’ve done everything right this morning and patiently sat in a drive through testing que on the other side of town for nearly three hours and within seconds after being tested my phone pings with a “thank you” and linky to follow:

Within the linky (which I can only assume requires updating) it appears to state that as we don’t have any symptoms at all we are now free to roam?

We’re so confused with what to do with ourselves?

Also can’t understand how they are going to enforce the hundreds if thousands more still out on the river without any internet/phone coverage in many known areas along there.
    As of midnight tonight if you emerge back onto the grid to cross on say Sunday as many do will they just force them all to park their rigs in a paddock and shuttle bus them into a city hotel?
    Surely that won’t happen and surely there’s not enough certified Dan hotels down in the city?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

the evil twin (1st January 2021)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Covid-19

Crikey, full credit due to the Laboratory Legends .... NEGATIVE tests results received in under 1/2 day for us both

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

jay see (1st January 2021), Plasnart (1st January 2021), Rossco (1st January 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Maxhead (2nd January 2021), rusty_nail (3rd January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Breaking News...

After extensive negotiations between Mark the Messiah, Despot Dan and the Rona Virus the Rona has agreed to households being neutral ground and will not to infect WA residents who harbour Vic refo's.

As per the latest from the WA Gov Covid directions and FAQ's - 1200 hrs 3/1/21:

Q. I’m a West Australian, but have had family/friends stay with me who have recently travelled from Victoria. Can I go to work?

A. Yes. Other household members, not subject to self-quarantine Directions, can go about their normal routine including going to work (this includes health care workers).
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

MB (3rd January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AT GROCERY STORE:
    Me: Why is there plastic on the payment keypad?
    Cashier: to protect people from Covid.
    Me: but isn’t everyone touching the plastic keypad the same way they would the regular keypad?
    Cashier: no words. Confused look.
    Me : Why Dont you pack the grocery bags anymore?
    Cashier : Because of covid 19 to reduce the spread of catching or spreading the virus.
    Me : But a shelf packer took it out of a box and put on the shelf, a few customers might of picked it up and put back deciding they Dont want it, I put it in my trolley then on the conveyer belt, YOU pick it up to scan it. But putting it in a bag after you scan is risky?
    Cashier: no words, confused look
    AT DRIVE-THRU:
    Server: (holds a tray out the window with a bag of food for me to grab)
    Me: why is my bag of food on a tray?
    Server: so I don’t touch your food because of Covid.
    Me: Didn’t the cook touch my food? Didn’t the person wrapping my food touch it and then touch it again when placing it in my bag? Didn’t you touch the bag and put it on the tray? Didn’t you touch the tray?
    Server: no words. Confused look.
    In SOCIETY:
    Society: If you cough or sneeze do it in your elbow or sleeve. Dont shake hands or hug anyone or you will spread the virus. To greet people do an elbow tap instead.
    Me: Elbow tap? Isn't that where you tell people to sneeze or cough? into their elbow? Now you want people to tap each other with that elbow. Wouldn't it be safer to sneeze into elbow and shake hands like we did before Covid
    AT RESTAURANT:
    Hostess: ok, I can seat you at this table right here (4 feet away), but I will need you to wear a mask to the table.
    Me: what happens when I get to the table?
    Hostess: you can take off the mask.
    Me: then it is safe over there?
    Hostess: yes.
    Me: are those fans blowing above the table? Is that the air-conditioning I feel? Is the air circulating in here?
    Hostess: no words. Confused look.
    SOCIETY
    You are not allowed to stand and drink at the pub or bar, you have to sit down. But at the shopping centre you are not allowed to sit down, all the chairs are roped off.
    Who thinks this stuff up?
    Life is hard for logical people right now. We are being raised without the ability to process and execute logic.

Copied from Facebook

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (4th January 2021), MB (4th January 2021), NissanGQ4.2 (4th January 2021), Plasnart (3rd January 2021), Rossco (3rd January 2021), Woof (5th January 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been coughing/sneezing into my elbow ever since I saw it on Mythbusters.

With all this social distancing and sanitizing, I've still caught about 987 cold viruses this past year. Sometimes two at the same time.
    Last edited by pollenface; 4th January 2021 at 12:53 AM.
    2008 CRD Auto Wagon
    Factory snorkel, flashlube catchcan pro, 3" manta exhaust, hpd boost controller, dyno-tuned & egr deleted

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pollenface For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (4th January 2021), MB (4th January 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our safest and most hygienic approach as far as I can see is we all must commence practicing Hinduism Immediately!
    Eat tucker with our right hands, wipe our own bottoms with our lefties and then bring them both together in the middle to bow and greet each other from 1.5m away......Namaste

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (4th January 2021), Maxhead (4th January 2021), NissanGQ4.2 (4th January 2021), Rossco (4th January 2021), rusty_nail (4th January 2021), Woof (5th January 2021)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice backflip Victorian Gov, great way to knee jerk react and stuff everyones NYE river needed celebrations dangerously you dick/twot/whatever heads!

So much safer racing us all back out of natures isolation to legally wait in queues with potentially sick city folk.....NOT!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,962 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Nice backflip Victorian Gov, great way to knee jerk react and stuff everyones NYE river needed celebrations dangerously you dick/twot/whatever heads!

So much safer racing us all back out of natures isolation to legally wait in queues with potentially sick city folk.....NOT!!!!!

Sucks for those on holidays but double sucks for nsw border small businesses already bleeding out their arses like many small businesses. Moama became a ghost town overnight and small businesses were given instant hernias. For what? Nothing it seems. Politicians/beaurecrats fair dinkum don't actually respect how small businesses fund their covid-period PAY RISES. Don't even get me started.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

MB (7th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 Times in 2,480 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I must say it’s a joke some of these precautions, I flew back to Perth from Adelaide new yrs eve, at the airport I was seated 2 seats from the nearest person to achieve social distancing however on the packed plane we were at capacity so sat packed in next to each other for 3 and 1/2 hrs then when we arrived the captain announced the 67 victorians had to isolate for two weeks but the rest of us could go home WTF ? Id just sat next to a Victorian for 3 and 1/2 hrs on a packed plane but covid could not effect me because I’m west Australian lol
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

MB (7th January 2021), mudnut (7th January 2021), pearcey (8th January 2021), Rossco (7th January 2021), rusty_nail (8th January 2021), threedogs (3rd February 2021), TPC (8th January 2021), Winnie (7th January 2021)

Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast