Thread: TB42 Exhaust Upgrade?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post TB42 Exhaust Upgrade?

I want to put an aftermarket 2.5" exhaust with custom extractors and a high flow muffler on my GQ patrol but I need to know from someone who's already installed that system how loud it is, does it give you headaches after long trips? get annoying? Can you have conversations with people in the vehicle without difficulty?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My TB42s exhaust system (few months old) has Pacemaker extractors, 2.5” exhaust system with one muffler and then straight to the back, no resonator. It drones a little but doesn’t annoy me and doesn’t sound like a resonator-less Commodore fyi.

Pretty quiet at idle and just driving off normally it’s noticeable. But shit, put your foot down and the thing roars. I think it’s tops. If I accelerate and let it roll in 1st gear (mines an auto) it pops and crackles like a 3 ton rally car &#128514. One of the best mods engine wise I’ve had done so far (other than a carby rebuild, pertronix system and a tune). Breathes so much better.

Just remember to rewire everything away from the headers and i used turbo heat cloth to protect the plastic air cleaner pipes going across the top secured with stainless jubilee clamps.

Cost around $500/$600 for new headers (but i won those) and $850 for the new 2.5” mild steel exhaust system at EP Exhaust here in Adelaide.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Survivalists For This Useful Post:

Darcy T (7th July 2020)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much, I now want a new exhaust more then ever! Would you have a video of your exhaust?
    Last edited by Darcy T; 7th July 2020 at 04:58 PM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have no idea how to post videos or photos here mate 🤷🏼*♂️🤦🏼*♂️

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Survivalists For This Useful Post:

Darcy T (7th July 2020)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's little icons above the text box, there's like a video reel next to a photo? no big deal if you can't work it out