Thread: Landcruiser Mountain Park - 2nd to 4th July 2011

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Landcruiser Mountain Park - 2nd to 4th July 2011

Well ... what a weekend!!!! Absolutely awesome yet again, and being as it was basically only 2 cars (took the jeep out once and it performed well too!!, but pretty much Dave and myself), we hit everything that was listed as red/extreme that we could fit into a couple of days .... and our legs and our cars felt every last inch of it!!!! lol ... we even had a recovery attempt (which failed), but eventually drove (reversed) the car out of it .. too long to put up (36 minutes), but I genuinely considered the very real prospect for a few moments of a life without Tank ... watching it roll contiuously down a ridiculously steep hill was a very real thought for us for a minute or two ... but alas, he lives to ride another day!!

Just uploading a video now, but literally have heaps - the new in car camera is a dead set spin out ... great quality and really puts you in the drivers seat - not so much for how steep something is (although better than a normal video outside the car), but most certainly shows you the angles you put it on!!! I'll have more videos up each night as essentially all we did was extreme tracks (except Cruiser Canyon and Test track Benny!! Test Track is officially "closed" apparently and they won't recover anyone from it at the moment??) ...

Shouldn't be too long for the first one ...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here tis .. for those of you who know LCMP, this is the top of Camp Road - very rutted wombat holes that are easily 4 foot deep in sections ... top navvy work from Dave, and one of those "always wanted to do it" tracks ... only short, but not for the feint hearted!!!!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

AB (5th July 2011), Ben-e-boy (5th July 2011), Clunk (7th July 2011), Dark 1 (7th July 2011), GUtsy ute (5th July 2011), Mazodude (16th September 2011), Woof (5th July 2011)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats the sh!t Bigus...... You QLD boys have got balls that clang.......WHO REAR

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Is niiiiiiiiiiiiice!!

Great camera too Scotty. What is it?
    Haha ... God knows mate ... some Chinese thing, that was made in India and got exported to Taiwan who then wholesale to the Americans who I bought it off!!!!! ROFLMFAO .... a picture of the box, and all the details are on the Gadgets thread ... bought it from Deals Direct in the US for $124 delivered to my door ...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (4th July 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patch697 View Post
    Thats the sh!t Bigus...... You QLD boys have got balls that clang.......WHO REAR
    We like to play!!!! Dhuck's truck is just a dead set weapon no doubt, and it's pretty hairy for me trying to follow it through everything (I try just about everything as Dhuck can attest to), but have to admit, when we walked this one I started talking myself out of it and was being defeated before I even started the car ... dhuck slapped me and told me what I tell everyone else ... "stop it" ... simple as that and I was at the wheel !!!!! lmao ...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just ripping another one now ... dhuck and I going up the hardest of three hills leading into Club Rally Circuit ... it's a beauty ... we took a bunch of guys through some of the easier sections of Club Rally last time we had the forum meetup, but the first hill in the video is the one dhuck and I had to come down one night with him having a tyre off the bead, and he ended up snapping two tie rod ends ... so this was sweet revenge for us!!!!! lol ... some of the other members may recall this hill - the first section on the video is to the right of the one we all went up at the very bottom of the gully ... the one at the top is the track on the very left (we all went through the right last time - we did it again the following day, and did the middle track also ... I'll get that up at some stage ... ) ... so again, not to be sniffed at ... certainly not for my "family truck"!!!! LOL

Will be up later ... taking longer than normal ... ??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And another ... as per below (or above depending on how you sort your posts!), top bit of fun ...

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

AB (5th July 2011), Clunk (7th July 2011), GUtsy ute (5th July 2011), Woof (5th July 2011)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bigus....... Another top clip mate & that new camera is doing the job real well (must Get me one of them).

Thanks heaps to both you a Dhuck for a great watch.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will get the video out today. I was just toooooooooo stuffed to even think about it last night
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dhuck For This Useful Post:

patch697 (5th July 2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Top vids guys, the camera works well too Scotty...

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast