OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Getlost Maps

  1. #1
    Beginner
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Getlost Maps

    I hope this is ok to post here .... I drive a patrol, and I make maps. The maps are free, but the patrol is not.

    This is the Patrol, 2008, 4 inch lift, drop boxes and longer arms, some other stuff:

    troll.jpg

    And these are the maps:

    Annotation 2020-06-16 105145.jpg
    Annotation 2020-06-13 123914.jpg

    You can download as many maps as you want from the website, including all of them. www.getlost.com.au

    They're in 3 different formats. I use them with OziExplorer on my PC, phone and the head unit in the Patrol, and they're also in Avenza for ios or android. Or you can download them and use them in whatever app you have, or even print them.

    This is not an ad - they're free. Take one or 10 or as many as you want.

    At the moment we do Vic and NSW down to 1:25,000 and the rest of the country at 1:250k, but more states are coming.

    Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tomm0 For This Useful Post:

    Cremulator (16th June 2020), jay see (17th June 2020), MudRunnerTD (16th June 2020), mudski (17th June 2020), Plasnart (17th June 2020), Rossco (16th June 2020), Touses (16th June 2020)

  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

     

  4. #2
    Patrol God mudnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SW Vic.
    Posts
    6,485
    Thanks
    8,281
    Thanked 4,000 Times in 2,514 Posts
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.

  5. #3
    In Moderation
    mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    13,701
    Thanks
    6,814
    Thanked 8,646 Times in 5,251 Posts
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What app is needed on my iPhone for these to work?
    Last edited by mudski; 17th June 2020 at 01:57 PM.

  6. #4
    Beginner
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    What app is needed on my iPhone for these to work?
    Any one of several. Oziexplorer or Avenza are what most people use because both work fine and will run all of the maps at once without paying anything, and that's the core philosophy - that you should be able to use them for free.

    They're in multiple formats which should cover most software, or you can convert them if you want to another format if you have a different app.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomm0 For This Useful Post:

    jay see (17th June 2020), mudski (17th June 2020)

  8. #5
    In Moderation
    mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    13,701
    Thanks
    6,814
    Thanked 8,646 Times in 5,251 Posts
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomm0 View Post
    Any one of several. Oziexplorer or Avenza are what most people use because both work fine and will run all of the maps at once without paying anything, and that's the core philosophy - that you should be able to use them for free.

    They're in multiple formats which should cover most software, or you can convert them if you want to another format if you have a different app.
    Thanks. I'm illiterate with this stuff. Ive downloaded a file and Avenza can't see it. I think I have to move the downloaded file. Just gotta workout how....

  9. #6
    Beginner
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Thanks. I'm illiterate with this stuff. Ive downloaded a file and Avenza can't see it. I think I have to move the downloaded file. Just gotta workout how....
    Easiest way is to download Avenza then find the maps inside the app in their 'map store'. The maps are still free in there. Choose as many as you want and download them inside the app rather than trying to muck around and do it manually.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomm0 For This Useful Post:

    jack (17th June 2020), mudski (17th June 2020)

  11. #7
    Hardcore jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ballarat Area
    Posts
    2,499
    Thanks
    5,016
    Thanked 3,367 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomm0 View Post
    Easiest way is to download Avenza then find the maps inside the app in their 'map store'. The maps are still free in there. Choose as many as you want and download them inside the app rather than trying to muck around and do it manually.
    Exactly what I just did with the iPad, worked fine. Thanks for this.
    Cheers
    Jack

    2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •