Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Timing chain issues, 2017 Y62

Hi All,

Has anyone out there had any timing chain issues with their Y62, a little story, I have a 2017 Y62 that has done 90.000 kilometers, the other day, I went to re start it after going to the shops for 5 minutes & it sounded like it was trying to start on the wrong stroke (timing) and would not start, I tried again to start it & it started fine, this happened the same the next day. The day after the check engine light came on, so I took it to my local Nissan dealer & they put the scan tool on it & told me that there was a timing issue, the bottom of the engine not in time with the top of the engine, they also said that it was out of warranty & Nissan may not warrant it, they also said that they suspect it may be a timing chain issue, stretched timing chain, they re set the computer & told me to drive it till the check engine came back on, so 2 days latter the same thing happened again. I took it back to them & they have now had it for over 2 weeks, every time that I ring them & ask about my car, they that they still have not heard back from Nissan. Has anyone else out there had any issues like this, please reply, as I can not find anything on the net about any similar issues.

Shane

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow!!! Why is it out if warranty?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,352 Times in 3,170 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-rev...ol-v8-ti-56946

According to the above mob it came with a 3 year 100,000 k warranty. If you bought it from a dealer, surely you get some warranty?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

mudski (26th May 2020)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Timing chain

Quote Originally Posted by SHANE61331 View Post
    Hi All,

Has anyone out there had any timing chain issues with their Y62, a little story, I have a 2017 Y62 that has done 90.000 kilometers, the other day, I went to re start it after going to the shops for 5 minutes & it sounded like it was trying to start on the wrong stroke (timing) and would not start, I tried again to start it & it started fine, this happened the same the next day. The day after the check engine light came on, so I took it to my local Nissan dealer & they put the scan tool on it & told me that there was a timing issue, the bottom of the engine not in time with the top of the engine, they also said that it was out of warranty & Nissan may not warrant it, they also said that they suspect it may be a timing chain issue, stretched timing chain, they re set the computer & told me to drive it till the check engine came back on, so 2 days latter the same thing happened again. I took it back to them & they have now had it for over 2 weeks, every time that I ring them & ask about my car, they that they still have not heard back from Nissan. Has anyone else out there had any issues like this, please reply, as I can not find anything on the net about any similar issues.

Shane
    Hi Shane just wondering if you have had this resolved yet?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 5,352 Times in 3,170 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbelik View Post
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum. Good luck with finding an answer. Unfortunately Shane hasn't been on the forum since his opening post.

What is the problem with your Patrol?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbelik View Post
    Thanks
    From what I understand the timing change issue was the first batch so to speak,nissan rectified the problem with better timing chains...it was build dates in the first models...2013 .. I can find out if you wish,cheers

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What is the build date,some way models were compliances in later years..
    Ie build date 2013 complied 2015 check the vin number they seem to rectify the problem by around 1440 to 1445....build dates 2012 2013

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".