Threaded View

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G Day from WA

Hi folks, new to the boards however have owned four patrols over the years and after a 30 year break picked up a 2009 GU Patrol Y61 Z30 about 2 months ago, since the purchase have pulled out some of the old gear however still added roof rack, awning, 60ltr fridge (my 30+ year old Engle was around a $900 quote to repair), added double din system, replaced the bullbar (Ironman), front speakers, added draws, dark window tint and the list goes on and on "lol"

My wife's not a huge 4WD lover so most trips will be in the easier conditions with some overnight stays here and there, why did I return to a 4WD after so long, my employment included a 4WD Colorado which allowed us a two car family however 3 months short of a 20 year service I was made reduntant because of the COVID-19 crap meaning I lost a company car, company phone, internet and a good income. The wife and I agreed a second car is needed as she has a number of appointments she needs attend and once I get a new job I would need a car to get to and from

As we had the 4WD prior I thought why not get something to allow some weekend fun as well and things just grew from there "lol" so here I am.

My brother inlaw also has a Nissan Patrol 2003 so we've been on a couple of runs already and our cars are almost a match which adds tot he fun and photo shoots "lol"

Cheers
    Gavin
    Last edited by Gav-Aus; 25th May 2020 at 02:20 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gav-Aus For This Useful Post:

Woof (25th May 2020)