Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My "new" rig

Hi all,

I used to have a 2010 GU ST, which was pretty stock and served alright. I sold it a few years ago, which was a big mistake.
    I'm now finally back in another GU. This time it's a 2012 Series 8 with just over 183,000 on the clock.
    It's been tuned with what is possibly an aftermarket turbo, and an intercooler, but I haven't looked into it too much.
    It goes extremely well, but has so much intake noise through the snorkel. I'm not sure if that's normal.
    I don't have too many photos just yet, but some are attached below.

It's got an ARB Bullbar, Warn XP 9.5XP winch, 2" lift with Bilstein suspension (I haven't checked out this much yet), Raslarr rear bar, 285/75/R16 tyres on steelies and Hankook DynaPro MTs, which are pretty aggressive tyres.

Changes I've made in the few weeks I've had it:
    - Removed the Titan drawers and cargo barrier. I don't need them and I have other plans for the rear
    - Disconnected Bushranger light bar at the front, to be removed later today. The wire on the light is broken, because of poor fitment by the previous owner
    - Removed the odd rubber flares off all the wheel arches
    - Removed the poorly mounted (and not working) UHF.
    - Replace the main starter battery to try to diagnose why it takes so long to turn over

Plans on the cards so far:
    - Replace the dodgy in cab switches for random lights that I can't seem to find any function for, or are poorly mounted, and do proper switches and mounts for everything
    - Run everything through an ARB Linx system
    - Remove the lightbar and mount my Stedi Type X Spotlights
    - Remove the Kings awning and replace it with my two Darche awnings
    - Get a second set of tyres (ATs) for general use, and save the muddies for when they are needed
    - Check the existing tune on the car, as it's boosting to up to 30 PSI and very occasionally over 550 C EGTs
    - Replace the winch with a Runva 12,000 LB winch
    - Consider removing the roof rack and just put my existing roof bars up there from my other Patrol
    - Replace the factory headlights with Micks HID retrofits
    - Add a Stedi lightbar
    - Add a roof console
    - Make some adjustments to the accelerator and clutch, as they are extremely sensitive)
    - Fix the super spongy brakes
    - Add a GME UHF and replace the aerial at the front with something decent

I've probably got more on that list, but as everyone knows, it's a never-ending project, so more will be added to the list as time and money permits.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jordo; 17th May 2020 at 11:01 AM.
    2012 Nissan Patrol ST, 3.0 CRD, 5 speed manual, ARB Bullbar, Stedi Type X Pros, Safari Snorkel, 2 inch lift, 16" Steel rims on Hankook DynaPro MTs, Raslarr Rear bar, Warn 9.5 XP Winch and other work

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jordo For This Useful Post:

AB (18th May 2020), Cremulator (17th May 2020), Family4x4 (23rd May 2020), mudnut (23rd May 2020), MudRunnerTD (21st May 2020)