Thanks
    Thanked 11,315 Times in 4,988 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diesel Heater Plumbing Safety Advice Please

G’day NP.com.au Team,

Hoping for some safety advice please on a wacky plumbing project idea of sharing our portable ‘Kimberley Campers/Webasto’ diesel heater unit between rigs.

Puchased the heater a few years ago for snow trips in the ute and has been fantastic simply plugged into a 12v anderson extension with Kimberley supplied heat proof piping (approximately 2.5m) just roughly shoved up under the tucker trucks tarpaulin.

Currently adding the finishing touches to a light cargo trailer chassis up rebuild with two roof top tents atop and a third room planned within the cargo hold once emptied on site.

Working backwards from the top down have so far used PVC sprinkler pipe valves inside the RTT’s for heat/flow regulation.

Knocked up a PVC manifold somewhat of a mockup with a third valve for the cargo heated room area below.

Safety question is:

Although I have not used blue glue as fittings were all as tight as believed light air pressure needed, it has only just occured to me of PVC sprinkler pipe heat ratings etc..

There is plans to still retain the 2.5m of heat proof originally supplied pipe outside to the unit and simply connect up to the PVC manifold inside.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated good folks!

EDIT: From past usage found it appeared IIRC wouldn’t burn a kiddies hand even at direct connection oulet tested. Just unsure if PVC warmed could stink some nasty stuff off if heated to say 40C estimated connection area onwards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MB; 8th May 2020 at 11:00 PM.