User Tag List

Thread: Just thinking out loud?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thinking out loud?

I finally got my front and rear sway bars installed I won't go in to detail about what a mission that was but I expected a better controll on the round abouts it still dives a fair but unless you drive like an old lady, but one of the problems could be I got a bit gun ho with the silicon grease supplied with the bushes and now the bar slides very easily side to side could this be cause of to much movement when cornering ?,never bothered greasing bushes before but it said that it stops crecking and noises.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't really 'over grease the bush' as such as it will only take as much grease as can be held by the voids/surface roughness of the elements or the clearance. You are simply reducing friction, so a smear or a ton wont change much at all, if anything. I would say you want the reduced friction to let the bars do their work. Could just be the feel is different because it is a flex kit and you will need to adjust your driving to suit. I would think its designed for max movement in slow conditions, rather than Group A touring car stiffness.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

First Pooy (9th May 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You bought a hybrid hyperflex kit, it will roll and dive. It's a characteristic of the hyperflex arms and off the shelf 5 links. This is largely due to the distance between the bushes at the diff end. The odd handling is the compromise.
    A hybrid superflex kit will roll and dive a bit less and feel a bit more planted, but wont flex as 'free and easy' as the hyperflex or 5 link. In saying that you can still utilise 12in of travel easily with superflex.
    A standard hybrid radius arm will handle better again. But it'll bind when flexing due to the distance between the bushes.

Suspension dynamics are a c#nt. Every characteristic compromises another characteristic adversely in one way or another
    Last edited by Ben-e-boy; 9th May 2020 at 08:20 PM.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

04OFF (10th May 2020), First Pooy (9th May 2020), PeeBee (9th May 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    You bought a hybrid hyperflex kit, it will roll and dive. It's a characteristic of the hyperflex arms and off the shelf 5 links. This is largely due to the distance between the bushes at the diff end. The odd handling is the the compromise.
    A hybrid superflex kit will roll and dive a bit less and feel a bit more planted, but wont flex as 'free and easy' as the hyperflex or 5 link. In saying that you can still utilise 12in of travel easily with superflex.
    A standard hybrid radius arm will handle better again. But it'll bind when flexing due to the distance between the bushes.

Suspension dynamics are a c#nt. Everything characteristic compromises another characteristic adversely in one way or another
    I knew there would be a compromise with handleing with the hyperflex kit but because superior forgot to pre drill the sway bar mount holes I have had to drive around for months with the aweful feeling I was driving on marbles and having to drive it like an old lady approaching the round abouts and after puting up with that I thought it would be a bit better then it is, I don't drive it fast normally any way but if you don't give it a good pre brake before the round about she really dives in, oh well I will have to get use to rocking and rolling around the round abouts, it will be interesting if I ever having to steer quickly around something on the high way I think I might shit my self lol.