Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Members meet up disclaimer

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i fully understand what has been said above and you guys are all right in what you say that is why we need to all play smart when out wheelin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    This forum is a community of like-minded people who enjoy the great outdoors in their Patrols.

It is not an organisation or an incorporated club. It is a totally voluntary loose collection of people who share interests.

So it must be said that people who come along on members outings do so at their own risk, personal and material. Of course all care will be taken, however accidents can (and sometimes do) happen and that is the risk we all take on 4x4 outings.

It is expected each participant will carry appropriate insurance cover or be fully understanding of the level of insurance cover they have. This forum does not provide insurance to any participant.

Buffoonery or larrikinism won't be tolerated in this group for this very reason (I really don't expect this from our members anyway, but it needs to be said).

Likewise, if somebody is uncomfortable with any situation or decision made on an outing they are entitled to speak up and raise those concerns. Our group won't be pressuring people into situations they don't want to be in. Participants will be responsible for their own actions and entitled to make their own decisions.

So let's all get out there, have fun, make friends and enjoy the bush and each others company; but understand we all do so at our own risks.
    AB.......a serious question in relation to the above insurance statement. What would be acceptable level of cover for an outing?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NP99 View Post
    AB.......a serious question in relation to the above insurance statement. What would be acceptable level of cover for an outing?
    Just make sure your is insured for vehicle accident whilst offroad.

For my insurance they tell me the following.
    I am fully insured for road and offroad use.
    That you must not be participating in a club event.
    That the incident/accident was not caused by dangerous/stupid driving. (Hard to prove anyway)
    And that the vehicle is suitable for off road use.
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate, i guess the critical there is the off road aspects.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Along the lines of the TREAD LIGHTLY programme.
    Which everyone should be doing anyway.
    @ Finly most clubs will have their own insurance for club trips.
    Last edited by threedogs; 6th April 2013 at 07:55 AM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGOMONSTER View Post
    Just make sure your is insured for vehicle accident whilst offroad.

For my insurance they tell me the following.
    I am fully insured for road and offroad use.
    That you must not be participating in a club event.
    That the incident/accident was not caused by dangerous/stupid driving. (Hard to prove anyway)
    And that the vehicle is suitable for off road use.
    What does the line about not participating in a club event refer to? Surely not a 4wd club trip for example?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks
    Thanked 4,611 Times in 3,108 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycee View Post
    What does the line about not participating in a club event refer to? Surely not a 4wd club trip for example?

When you join a club, they have insurance for while your out bush. Many insurance companies draw the limit line at named roared, so if your off the beaten track, your on your own. Thus were club insurance comes into it while on club trips.

What Ab is saying is these trios posted on the forum are not "club trips". So no external insurance is offered. You will need your own personal insurance coverage, and what level you choose is up to you.

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy's Accessories View Post
    When you join a club, they have insurance for while your out bush. Many insurance companies draw the limit line at named roared, so if your off the beaten track, your on your own. Thus were club insurance comes into it while on club trips.

What Ab is saying is these trios posted on the forum are not "club trips". So no external insurance is offered. You will need your own personal insurance coverage, and what level you choose is up to you.

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    The only catch with that is that most (all?) club provided insurance is public liability, so it won't cover your own vehicle. I'd hate to think that if i hit a roo whilst on a club trip that my insurance wouldn't cover me because of that clause. AAMI told me I'm covered anywhere, obviously as long as i'm allowed be there, properly licensed, the car is roadworthy and I'm not breaking the law. I'd be very concerned if my policy had a line that said i wasn't covered on club events (unless it specified racing events).

Obviously this is not really related to AB's original post - sorry for hijacking! I believe what he said is spot on - if a group of adults get together they are responsible for their own shit! I think it's sad what we have allowed insurance companies, lawyers, politicians and greedy people to make us even think that such warnings are required... But we have.

Cheers,
    Jaycee

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Really this should be a no brainer but a few {not forum} have forced all types of outdoor activities
    to have a disclaimer. Went horse riding years ago over Rottnest Is, bit Pissed fell off horse hurt my arm badly
    Did I sue , hell no, cracked a can called my horse Mr Ed and waited for the rest to return. laughed about that
    for years. I just think we have become an Ambulance chasing mob like the USA
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

11. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (6th April 2013)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Really this should be a no brainer but a few {not forum} have forced all types of outdoor activities
    to have a disclaimer. Went horse riding years ago over Rottnest Is, bit Pissed fell off horse hurt my arm badly
    Did I sue , hell no, cracked a can called my horse Mr Ed and waited for the rest to return. laughed about that
    for years. I just think we have become an Ambulance chasing mob like the USA
    I couldn't agree more threedogs. It's quite sad really that people can't or won't take responsibility for themselves and their actions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast