Thread: Members meet up disclaimer

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exclamation Members meet up disclaimer

This forum is a community of like-minded people who enjoy the great outdoors in their Patrols.

It is not an organisation or an incorporated club. It is a totally voluntary loose collection of people who share interests.

So it must be said that people who come along on members outings do so at their own risk, personal and material. Of course all care will be taken, however accidents can (and sometimes do) happen and that is the risk we all take on 4x4 outings.

It is expected each participant will carry appropriate insurance cover or be fully understanding of the level of insurance cover they have. This forum does not provide insurance to any participant.

Buffoonery or larrikinism won't be tolerated in this group for this very reason (I really don't expect this from our members anyway, but it needs to be said).

Likewise, if somebody is uncomfortable with any situation or decision made on an outing they are entitled to speak up and raise those concerns. Our group won't be pressuring people into situations they don't want to be in. Participants will be responsible for their own actions and entitled to make their own decisions.

So let's all get out there, have fun, make friends and enjoy the bush and each others company; but understand we all do so at our own risks.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (28th January 2013), Evo (4th July 2016), Finly Owner (28th June 2011), growler2058 (18th February 2016), gruntlet (2nd December 2011), Irish (31st October 2012), Jaycee (6th April 2013), luvmud (26th June 2014), megatexture (3rd November 2013), MEGOMONSTER (5th April 2013), molongmick (28th June 2011), mudski (28th January 2013), my third 256 (28th January 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (28th June 2011), oncedisturbed (7th August 2013), threedogs (6th April 2013), timbar (29th June 2011), Winnie (28th January 2013), Woof (28th June 2011), YNOT (28th June 2011)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok a.b i understand what your saying

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whaddyamean you don't insure us??!!!! I'm truly shocked!! lmao

Best I get onto getting some!!

In all seriousness, this stuff should go without saying, but is a good thing that you have reiterated it for everyone!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    This forum is a community of like-minded people who enjoy the great outdoors in their Patrols. No-one here draws a salary from this website or paid to contribute articles or paid to organise any activities. It is not an organisation or an incorporated club. It is a totally voluntary loose collection of people who share interests.

So it must be said that people who come along on outings do so at their own risk, personal and material. Of course all care will be taken, however accidents can (and sometimes do) happen and that is the risk we all take on 4x4 outings.

It is expected each participant will carry appropriate insurance cover or be fully understanding of the level of insurance cover they have. This forum does not provide insurance to any participant.

Buffoonery or larrikinism won't be tolerated in this group for this very reason (I really don't expect this from our members anyway, but it needs to be said).

Likewise, if somebody is uncomfortable with any situation or decision made on an outing they are entitled to speak up and raise those concerns. Our group won't be pressuring people into situations they don't want to be in. Participants will be responsible for their own actions and entitled to make their own decisions.

So let's all get out there, have fun, make friends and enjoy the bush and each others company; but understand we all do so at our own risks.
    Well said and should go without saying

Edit: if that makes sense....LOL
    Last edited by Maxhead; 28th June 2011 at 04:43 PM.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about numbskullery and ninconpoopery??? lmao
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (6th April 2013), Irish (31st October 2012), Mal H (7th April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post

What about numbskullery and ninconpoopery??? lmao
    Nah those ones are ok...LMAO

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AB, I think that is a fantastic post, and should become sticky!

Should we also make a grand statement of: In understanding that we as members promoting responsible offroading, we will follow existing tracks when trekking throughout our forests, bush and adventure parks. And adhere to a local laws?

Not trying to be a wet blanket, but much the other way, trying to shine a light on us who like the idea of the law noticing us doing the right thing while out and about.

Tim
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as it should be, no arguments here
    well said AB
    HELL NO !!!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep well said & written.

As it was said to me the other day "there is no such thing as comon sense any more, as sense is not comon"

In other words no-one takes responsibility for there own actions anymore they just try n get everything for nothing & blame other people for their mistakes.

If people were to own up for things & think before jumping insurances wouldn't be so darn expensive....
    Got the baby GQ a 1997 2.8TD RX Wagon Racetech EGT & Boost Guages Dobinsons coils 32in BFG KM2 M/T

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Said,

It is sad that more and more people look to pass blame before even considering their own actions.

Tread Lightly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast