OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Zd30 aftermarket head brands, which is the best?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zd30 aftermarket head brands, which is the best?

Hey guys,

Am halfway through swapping the head on my Patrol, been searching around for aftermarket heads.

From what i can see there is a plethora of people offering no name brand cylinder heads for zd30's,
    what i'm wondering is what the best brands/suppliers to look for?

I've heard a few people mention AMC branded stuff in a few threads before but haven't seen any others mentioned.

Also what should i be looking roughly to spend on a complete replacement head?
    The prices seem to vary between $1200 for ebay ones to $1900 from some of the engine parts suppliers.

Did a bit of a search, but could only find threads of people asking about getting there heads replaced & what the symptoms of a cracked head were.

Thanks guys!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Steer clear of eBay engine parts. Always buy from a bricks and motar shop because if the shit hits the fan, its much easier to walk in than do everything by phone and post. As for brands, get genuine in my opinion. Otherwise contact places like SMS diesel spares or Engines Australia, Well known places...

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome thanks for your input Mudski, thought that might have been the case with the ebay heads. I was looking at going a genuine Nissan head but it appears you can only get bare heads & have to buy all the other parts individually & get them installed (Would get pretty pricey). So am leaning towards a complete aftermarket head from a good supplier/brand that's local,
    has anyone got any feed back from the head kits from Lewis engines?

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have heard of Lewis Engines over my time but have had no personal experience with them. I think they do a lot of high performance stuff.