The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,286 Times in 6,437 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    Looking on the website, there seems to be 3 different units. 1 for GQ's, 1 for GU utes and Pre 01/2000 wagons and 1 for GU wagons from 01/2000 to current.
    Do you know which one you were given?

Edit. If and when you get a new one, get a measurement of the panhard and compare it before you rip the current one out.

With the springs. Your are trying to get bulk travel, load carrying capacity and a fairly low lift with off the shelf items. Something will have to be compromised. That's your issue. Sell the ones you have and try again.

I went through 6 sets of springs before I found a set I liked.
    Ben I reckon he might have been given either the GQ kit or the pre GU kit. One difference I know of is the upper panhard bush on the later GU one is that big spherical type bush.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Ben I reckon he might have been given either the GQ kit or the pre GU kit. One difference I know of is the upper panhard bush on the later GU one is that big spherical type bush.
    Should that make a difference to the overall length and adjustability of the panhard? As far as I'm aware there should be no difference in mounts between Q and U h233's from the centerline of the housing, that's why so many parts are interchangeable. I thought the difference is closer to the hubs or the end of the axle tube, just like the front.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    You boys are correct I had a Gq rear panhard and I knew it was wrong because I found the Gu ones on there web site but when I asked about it I was told they are all the same,I thought it that was true then why have they labeled them differently well when I was ordering more parts I told the guy that I had a Gu set up underneath and he said that he was glad that I had told him because some parts are different underneath that is when I asked him about the rear panhard and he told me that I have the wrong one because mine was for a Gq well I knew that from the beginning now I have someone that believe me
    Last edited by First Pooy; 1st May 2020 at 07:06 PM.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,286 Times in 6,437 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    Should that make a difference to the overall length and adjustability of the panhard? As far as I'm aware there should be no difference in mounts between Q and U h233's from the centerline of the housing, that's why so many parts are interchangeable. I thought the difference is closer to the hubs or the end of the axle tube, just like the front.
    No. Well as far as I am aware. It’s only a chassis mount bush design change. Length on the GU remains the same. And the Gu Panhard has a bend and the Q is straight. Again. As far as I am aware. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345